Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 19
Quote | Reply
my goas were 3 swims - I did two - one 2300, one 45 min OW.
Another goal was 4 rides, um, two - 1:40 and 1:20
run - goal was 6 - did 7 days of running - 59.9 mi
Got in 4 miles or so of walking and a 60 min yoga class.
goal was no bingeing - binged once

My eating goal for this week is to not eat more than 500 calories for dinner/at night. I've been eating a bunch of sweets at night and it feels like bingeing so I want to stop that. Training goals are 6 runs, 4 rides, 3 swims, 2 yoga sessions.

HAVE A GOOD WEEK!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe my goal was:
3 runs - DONE
3 rides - DONE
2 swims - DONE

Main thing is to get riding and swimming again but keep the running up - I've made a lot of running progress this last year and I'd hate to lose it...

This week:
- 4 runs (aerobic with strides x2, hills, intervals like 4x(4' at 10k RP + 2' recovery))
- 2 swims
- 3 rides (likely 2 on the trainer and one long ride this weekend)
- some swim cord work x2 (my upper bod is pretty weak still)
- Less wine this week ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was a challenge to get the training in with work and a dentist appointment. I'm just a below average age grouper doing an Oly distance in August.

Last week
2 Swims: 1 Pool (1,800), 1 short OW (.5 mile)
2 Rides: Only 1 done (10 mi). Boo. Major disappointment that I didn't get the long ride in.
3 Runs: Done. Done. And done in the sweltering Chicago summer heat. (13 miles total)

This week:
2 Swims: More OW!
2 Rides: 1 trainer, 1 long
2 Runs: I hate running. 1 fartlek, 1 long run planned. Long for me is 8 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ERg. My week was awful. Rest week, and for whatever reason, once I slow down, it's very hard for me to motivate myself to do anything at all. So I end up skipping all sorts of stuff instead of just doing the shortened distances or intensities. Only did 1 swim (instead of 3), 2 bike (instead of 3), and 4 runs (instead of 6).

This week:
Get off my lazy butt and push it, for chrisssakes.
- Swim - 3 (1 ow)
- Bike - 3 medium, 1 long
- Run - 1 long, 3 medium, 2 short

Also, figure out and test how I want to pace my next half, coming up in two weeks. :) I'm excited already.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week:

- swim win with 3, including the OWS race swim at the relay i did with tanker on sunday.
- run win with 3 training + race run on sunday = 4.
- core fail with somewhere between 0 and 1; did a long foam roller session which *does* engage the core, but that isn't the focus.
- bike fail with only 2 rides, neither of which were on my TT bike!

the little super sprint relay on sunday was a riot, and hubby is very happy with our 3rd place finish in the relay division! quote of the day from him: "hey, i do my first tri relay, and i win a medal!" :)

this week i'm tapering for my A race on sunday:

- 2 swims prior to race day
- short brick in my new race suit. i know it's fine on the bike, but i haven't run in it, and i haven't done a brick in ages!
- 2 training runs prior to race day (one of which will be the above brick), plus my day-before-race mini-run with pickups.
- GET TO BED AND SLEEP! 5hrs/night is NOT enough this week!
- hope like hell my new cassette comes in, put it on, and test ride the crap out of it to make sure everything is shifting smoothly

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I finished leading a backpacking trip for an outdoor club - one of the members, an experienced and fast hiker, couldn't hack it - I carried some of his stuff (the heavy stuff) but he still couldn't keep up so I took him back (we were doing a loop) and let the rest of the group (all experienced) go on. We had fun going back though, did some bushwhacking from one campsite down to what's basically a fjord. Still, the day I turned him around was pretty brutal because he just - he said he bonked though I don't see how it was possible but whatever. He was actually really happy with what I ended up taking him on/to so that was good and the rest of the group completed the trip and were tired but happy so it all worked out. I did some trail work as well on another trail I'm responsible for. Still, a pretty terrible week for focused workouts....more on that below.

This week my goal is to stay on my anxiety medication and take it every day 3X/day like I'm supposed to. I haven't taken it in a long time. I've become so anxious over the past 4 or 5 days I'm getting persecutory delusions. I take my anti-psychotic and mood stabilizer like I'm supposed to but not my anxiety med because I thought my anxiety was under control and it's capsules which I don't like swallowing. Anyways, I haven't been able to do workouts around other people because of my paranoia and I find it very stressful. I talked with my bf about it tonight and I'm going to take my anxiety med and see if that helps with the paranoia, we think they are anxiety-induced delusions. I see my social worker tomorrow as well so hopefully I can avoid going to see my psychopharmacologist.

So, meds, and get in a few workouts on my own - I'm not going to schedule any workouts specifically. Hopefully by Saturday I'll be stabilized enough I can go and do the swim/bike/run workout around other people.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grab a copy of "An Unquiet Mind." really well written - about a woman's experience with manic depressive illness - she both has it and is a psychiatrist. Did I say it was really well written? Author is Kay Redfield Jamison.

mistressK, 5 hrs a night is NEVER enough sleep!

AP is kicking our butts on actually making goals :D

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
grab a copy of "An Unquiet Mind." really well written - about a woman's experience with manic depressive illness - she both has it and is a psychiatrist. Did I say it was really well written? Author is Kay Redfield Jamison.

I've heard it's good....

I got a run in tonight. Felt good. Am a slow runner and was doing a pretty slow run but managed to feel like a stud when I passed a guy on a bike.

Andy Pants is like my hero for how I want to train!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

LOVE that book so much; she talks a lot about her struggle with the illness and also her struggle with her treatment. She has a second memoir out as well now (Nothing Was the Same), but I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just finished reading Nothing was the Same a few weeks ago. Also very good.

Night Falls Fast, her book about understanding suicide (why it happens etc) is also good - I'm halfway through that. Far less of a personal story and more academic, but it's not a textbook, and it is very interesting.

I read voraciously.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL schucks ladies... it's easy when you choose "achieveable goals" hahaha

Mistress K: more sleep missy. I've been tinkering with melatonin lately, and I tell ya, I have finally been having GREAT runs again... seems my lack of solid sleep has been catching up with me and resulting in a lot of shitty shitty running. A few nights of using the melatonin and I have less brain fog, am running better, and just in a better mood all together.

Teags: I *love* passing cyclists when running hahaha... ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sleep win last night! it was one of the nights i could swim 7.30-8.30pm and i decided that going to the pool was all i'd do, so i managed to get home by about 9pm, dinner was ready by just after 10, and i was in bed by 11.30 = 7hrs :)

it's not insomnia, it's just tough to get to bed with all my training done after work (i don't get home until 6.15-7pm, depending on traffic; later if i have errands to run). when i do make it there, half the time i'm asleep before i manage to turn out the light! i try to catch up a little on weekends (8hrs each night), but in non-taper weeks it's about 5hrs daily. i do get a little nap in during the commute; tanker prefers to drive anyway, and i'm happy to let him! i keep a pillow in the back seat ;)

tonight's goal: get a short brick in, and try to get to bed by 11pm.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Ouch. This is why I rarely-to-never train after work/in the evenings.... I would have had smallish dinner at 5ish, before swimming, then chug a Boost post swim/pre-bed, and taken the extra 1-2hrs of sleep!!! Crazeee ladeeee.... ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 19 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i figured out a long time ago, back in the pre-tri "just working out to lose some weight" days, that i don't want to do anything after dinner ;) i'm also a much happier camper if i eat twice after training; something small immediately after (clif bar in the pool changeroom), then something a little more substantial (lots of veggies w/lean protein) an hour or so after that. if i just did boost then bed, i'd wake up and eat EVERYTHING!

waking up earlier than i do (about 6.30am) to train just isn't happening. i am NOT a morning person, and it already drives me bananas that i have to get up at 5am for races!

brick win last night, sleep semi-win: in bed by midnight, so 6.5hrs. tonight i'm going to ride my bike for 5mins or so to get tanker to take position pics (my seat really was too high in the ones he took last night, so i've dropped it. the whole "inseam x 0.889" doesn't work worth a damn for me), hit the early lane swim, and make a super fast dinner. aiming for 10.30pm to bed, which would be a full 8hrs!

cheers!

-mistress k