Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody use THERMOLYTE tablets?
Quote | Reply
I've been using CarboPro from SportQuest and really like it. However, I have not been racing with sodium supplements. I believe my sweat has a relatively high salt content as I tend to always have much more salt buildup on me after a race than other racers regardeless of the distance of the race. I haven't had problems to date with cramping during a race, but after long races anything will easily cramp. (My tounge will even easily cramp up, wierd.) The longest races I've done have been 1/2 IMs and marathons, so I'm concerned that sodium loss might start to be an issue with a full IM. Any feedback on Thermolyte tabs vs Succeed and others would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody use THERMOLYTE tablets? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Thermolyte and carbo-pro both, excellent products both. I noticed a significant improvement whilst training and racing in the heat for same distance races (1/2 IM and marathons). Make sure you experiment with use bring to Racing!!!! Hammer-gel and thermolyte are usually my nutrition race plan. Have also tried carbo-pro made into a gel.

Depending on your build and weather condidtions you might also want to look at E-cap's endurolytes. same basic concept but in smaller-more-taylorable doses.

You're probably already having probelms with sodium loss if you can scrape the salt crystals off your face... and it would only get worse in an IM

Can't offer any feedback on Succeed.

Hope that helps

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ALSO HAVE USED CARBOPRO AND THERMOLYTE TABLETS IN MY PAST TWO IRONMANS. I HAD TALKED TO LAUREN MAULE ABOUT DOING A RACE AND NOT HAVEING TO EAT SOLID FOODS DURING THE ENTIRE RACE. IF YOU'VE EVER NOTICED THE PROS RARELY EAT ANY SOLID FOODS AND THEY DON'T HAVE 12 GU'S TAPED ON THEIR TOP TUBE. IT HAS WORKED FOR ME AND THE THERMOLYTE TABLETS DO HELP WITH SETTLING THE STOMACH ALSO. BY ALL MEANS GO OUT AND TRY THIS BEFORE A RACE, RACE DAY IS NTO THE TIME TO EXPERIMENT. I MUST ADMIT I WILL ALSO USE LEPPIN AS ANOTHER SOURCE OF ENERGY.

MARK MILLER

BICYCLESPORTS-TYLER,TX

MARK MILLER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pooks,

I have been using THERMOLYTES for 3 years now and have had no problems yet.

Lots of races even IMUSA last year without a cramp all day. But, I have noticed

that my sweat is very very salty which in turn has the sweat dripping right on top

on my headset. Well, the bike is not even 2 years old and already on my second

headset with #3 coming soon.

Someone out there...............design a cover for the headset. Call it the ......

HEADSET CONDOM.

Mark
Quote Reply