Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Why am I dragging A$$??!
Quote | Reply
I don't get it....for the last couple of weeks I've been struggling during ALL of my workouts. I don't mind dragging at the end of a tough workout but I start slow and end slower!! It seem like my training partner gets faster and faster....leaving me behind no matter what the workout is....bike, run or swim. I don't think I've changed any of my regular routine as far as nutrition. Any suggestions??? I'm really frustrated!!
Quote Reply
Re: Why am I dragging A$$??! [kdbaily] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to your doc and get some basic bloodwork done, esp for thyroid function. I had the exact same issue ~5 yrs ago and it turned out I had hypothyroidism. That may not be your issue, but you should rule it out. Esp. if you are a 30-50 yo female ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey, how old are you? check the thread re: menopause & training...

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Why am I dragging A$$??! [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be 37 next month....lab's are mostly normal....iron a little low. Started taken a new vitamin....Any other ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same age as me, maybe you are perimenopausal like me too ;-) Seems the other thread is pretty related...
AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Over training? Sometimes we need to take a step back and take a few days or even a week or 2 of recovery to get back on track. It may be your body telling you it needs some rest. The harder you push, the more broken down you're going to get. Even some of the best laid out training plans (with rest days, build up weeks and rest weeks, etc) don't let you recover enough and you need to be flexible for that. If you've taken lots of time off (or rested/easy workouts) for a while and still are off, then I'd try the med route, but I'd start off with rest/easy/recovery workouts and even a day or 2 off completely. Good luck!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anemic?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my guess would be that you're overtrained. how bout your heart rate at rest - is it elevated?

:::: Rocco's Studio 69 ::::
Quote Reply
Re: Why am I dragging A$$??! [Rocco69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes - using the rusko heart rate test is a really effective/simple way to rule out/assess the possibility of over-reaching and over-training problems. It becomes a bit of a hassle to do all the time, but I use it during blocks of heavier training or when I feel that I'm just not recoverying well for whatever reasons. It is so much smarter to have some objective measure to help us guide our training rather than following a program and doing a hard workout just because it says to, even if our body is ready to.

Good luck figuring things out!
Quote Reply
Re: Why am I dragging A$$??! [sess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll try it. Thanks for the advice!
Quote Reply
Re: Why am I dragging A$$??! [sess] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, hadn't heard of the Rusko test yet, but this is really helpful! I've been feeling great lately, and just tested myself - I'm 2 bpm higher at the end than my lying down average. My husband, on the other hand, who has been SLOWWWWW and grumpy lately, was 22 (!) bpm higher still at the end.

So, if overtraining is the case, what's the best remedy? Obviously, take a break or slow down training, but anything else that will help? Increase food? Specifically protein, or carbs, or even fat? Increase fluids? Add a multi-vitamin? All of the above? Other stuff? Start EPO/creatine/steroids? ;)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply