Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vineman and Wetsuit Q.
Quote | Reply
... I see where the Vineman sight mentions that the water temperature is typically wetsuit legal... but, I also noticed in some older posts on another NG that wetsuits were not allowed that particular year.

Question is this, is Vineman typically wetsuit legal? Or, is it frequent that it is not wetsuit legal?

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman and Wetsuit Q. [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VINEMAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN A WETSUIT LEGAL RACE. ANY CHANGE WOULD BE NEW TO ME. HAVE A GREAT RACE.

MARK MILLER
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman and Wetsuit Q. [MARK MILLER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Half Vineman in 2001 was NO WETSUITS since the water was nearly 80F. I believe last year the decision wasn't made until the last minute, but the water temp dropped enough. Since the swim is in a river with a variable depth, if it's really hot for a number of days before the race, the water could be over the limit. And, August in the wine country could easily be 90F for a week.

clm in sf, where it's about 50F and foggy

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who's planning on doing the full vineman this year? It will be my first IM distance race and I'm pretty fired up about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman and Wetsuit Q. [keyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be there! First IM for me, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman and Wetsuit Q. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cathy is correct, I have refereed that race since 2001. we check the water temp in the days before to give the RD time to make announcemets. we recheck the night before and on the morning of the race

2001 the water was over 84 and wetsuits were not allowed, last year it was foggy and in the 70 range and wetsuits were ok

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Vineman and Wetsuit Q. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gees... the water must be really shallow... or, is there another reason for such dramatic temperature changes?

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lets put it this way, if you get tired you just stand up unless you are right in the middle....

plus it depends on how much water has been released downstream and if there has been morning fog or not for the previous week

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Last edited by: eric: May 30, 03 16:24
Quote Reply