Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Broken tooth
Quote | Reply
Think I managed to break off the end of a tooth last night. Eating is no problem as I can keep food on one side of my mouth, but drinking kills it. Seeing the dentist tomorrow to get it fixed but need to hydrate in the meantime. Any ideas how to get water into my system while minimising the pain?

Already tried (with unsatisfactory results):
  • drinking with head in it's side
  • using a straw
  • skulling/downing/chugging half a litre as quickly as possibly to get the best pain:liquid ratio
  • snorting water up my nose to bypass the offending nerve (not really)
  • putting a tube down my mouth into my stomach and having a friend pour water down it - tasted kind of funny though...a bit acidic (...ahh..haven't actually done this one either...)

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Broken tooth [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try drinking warmer water. That's what i did when I cracked a tooth a couple of years ago. It helps a little. That and prescription strength pain killers.
Quote Reply
Re: Broken tooth [ncooksey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dentu temp, its a temporary filling and it will insulate the nerve. works wonders buy it at any drug store takes just a few minutes to apply. good luck with the tooth

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply