Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lakeside Triathlon in Ontario
Quote | Reply
Hey all, Just wondering if any of you are planning on doing the Lakeside Triathlon between Woodstock and London on June 8? And have any of you raced it in the past?

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Lakeside Triathlon in Ontario [Tri-ing in TO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing the chicks only event on the 7th. Any idea on how long it'll take to get there from here? I'm thinking it's going to be a very early morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figure that it will be about 1:30 or 1:45 from Toronto. London is just under 2 hours, and there shouldn't be any traffic that early in the morning. Depending on how heavy your foot is, 1:45 is probably a safe bet. I have no idea though how far it is off the 401. It doesn't look at that far north of the 401

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going. I didn't race it last year. I know they had an Olympic Distance...but this year it's sprint only. In the Multisport Canada series I did Orangeville and Wasaga...both good races.

Cheers

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lakeside Triathlon in Ontario [KDM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey KDM

Are you sure that there is a chicks only on the Sat? I looked at the multisport website, and it looks like that there is only the KOS on the Sat. Did I miss something?

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the sprint race last year. Its a great race. It took me 1:50 to get there from Toronto (Bloor and Bathurst). Be ready for lots of weed in the lake... dont let it freak you out.

I camped on site the night before the race last year. Bad move, as the lightning storm the night before meant that I got about 30 minuites of sleep.

Unfortunatly I wont be doing Lakeside this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Lakeside Triathlon in Ontario [74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya had to tell me about the weeds. Now it's the only friggin thing I am going to be thinking about for the next week. I hate weeds, can't stand them. Oh well, if I end up with any on the body, I'll take them off and throw them on the guy next to me, just to see the reaction.

Haha

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The chicks race is in partnership w/ Multisport..it's actually put on by the womens trialthon series.

Me thinks they won't have cookies post race tho. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry (Sheepish grin). Just think of the weeds as nice green grass :)
Quote Reply