Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know a good online distributor of Time shoes. I'm interested in their tri shoe, but none of the usual suspects seem to have them. (Most seem to carry the Time Equipe CX if they carry Time at all.)

Can anyone help?

Oh, yeah. My 46 DMT R3 tris shoes are for sale on the classified site. They're too big on me.

Thanks!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [aduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try R&A Cycles either online or by phone. They have a wide inventory and are right in your back yard.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [chip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good call Chip. They have both of the shoes I'm considering.

Thanks!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [aduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Adam:
I know it's not what you asked for but FYI: Excelsports.com has the Time Equipe CX Pros on sale for 165.00, that's a real deal that I picked up on and I'm glad I did, the best shoes I've ever owned. BTW, I'm in Brooklyn, are you doing the Mighty Montauk or any other local races this summer?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just called R&A Cycles. They are out of my size in the Iron CX. I'm checking to see if they can get them in for me before Blackwater.

I don't have any local races scheduled for this year. The closest race I'm doing is probably Wilkes-Barre. (A very good race if your're interested)
I have:
Blackwater
IM Austria
Wilkes-Barre
Odyssey 1/2IM
Great Floridian 1/2 (if I feel like it)

That's it for me. Not doing NYC Tri either, but I'll probably go watch.

I'm going to Neil Cook's swim clinic this weekend. (I think you set me up on his dist. list. thx for that!)

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adam:
You have some great blue chip races lined up. I'm totally jealous. I'm only doing local Olympic and 1/2 IM races this year:

Mighty Montauk
Tupper Lake 1/2 IM
Hudson Valley Tri
NYC Tri
Mighty Hamptons Tri (@ Sag Harbor)

I'll be swimming in the PCB laden Hudson River twice this year which doesn't particularly excite me, especially the unpredictable currents...but...you know, you only live nine times.

If you have a link for the Wilkes/Barre race would you post it or send it? I assume that's Vermont? My brother lives in Montpelier...hmmm.

Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The races you have lined up are all excellent races. The Hudson Valley Tri is very fun and I hear Tupper Lake is a blast too.

Wilkes-Barre is held at the Penn State Wilkes-Barre campus in PA. It's been going for 21 years and is a very well run event and not very far from NYC. Karen Smyers races it every year (I think) and won it last year. Very nice athletes area for post race. Check it out at wilesbarretriathlon.com

Good Luck!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cycletechinc.com/SHOES.htm

They are a little expensive, but they are the only ones that carried a 48 for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [scm in MN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link to cycletechinc. I had never heard of them before.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
New or used? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want new Iron C/X shoes, go to totalcycling.com. They are a European dealer who, even with shipping, beat any price I could find here in the states. I bought my Iron C/X 2 years ago, they are very comfy. However, I have gone back to my old Carnac's for now (it's good to have shoes with different colors to match bikes that seem to change on a yearly basis ;-).

Perhaps you'd like to buy a set used? I typically wear a size 11 U.S. shoe (which I forgot what euro size that translates to...45?). They are comfy, and they are just sitting in my closet. Shoot me an email at craigzilla02@yahoo.com and make me an offer I can't refuse, and you'll beat any deal you find from a shop ;-) (although remember, I did use them for a season and a half)

~ Craig

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the iron cx was discontinued - also why total cycling only has three sizes. Have to check what size I am as I'd love a pair - love my equipes so would be great to have tri shoes similar.

If you dont use time pedals have a look at the shimano tri shoes - they are pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Total Cycling. They are based in Ireland but the last two times I purchased from them delivery took less than a week. Their prices are sick. They sell Iron CX shoes for $124.

http://www.totalcycling.com/

-Marc
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for good place to buy Time shoes online. ? [MarcK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MarcK: Thanks for the post and the offer on the shoes. It's turning out to be a bit more difficult to get these things than I thought, but I'm working on it. I'm a 46 in most shoes, 45.5 on some. A 45 is probably too tight on me, but thanks again.

I'll check Total Cycling and see what they can do.

Thanks!

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered from Total Cycling. They were very helpful and I'm going to have the shoes on Tuesday from Ireland. They were really cool and the price is excellent. Thanks for the heads up.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply