Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Leg Shaving Question
Quote | Reply
Hey Womens, thanks ahead of time for the answers to what would be to most women (read: not tri-chicks) an absolutely absurd question.

Finally back into swimming and riding. Leg shaving (for various reasons, yes some of them vain) is so much easier to deal with than that leg full of hair. From the knee down is easy and I never get red bumps or anything. Whenever I get the thigh though it seems like no matter what I always end up getting bumps and what not; pretty much a PITA as it itches when it grows back and is uncomfortable with a lot of clothing. Any tips or is it just keep doing it and the skin will get used to it, just seems odd because from the knee down its always fine. I figure you gals would know since you've probably been doing this the majority of your lives.

When someone pulls laws out of their @$$, all we end up with are laws that smell like sh!t. -Skippy
Quote Reply
Re: Leg Shaving Question [original PV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might be better off askign other dudes.. I think our leg hair is more fine than men's.

But here are my tips:

use shaving gel
make sure your razor is in good shape
I shave every other day regardless of the season and that minimizes the itch
use lotion afterwards on your legs

But then again, I'm a chick. But this is what I do!

---
IM Coeur D'Alene 2011
IM Wisconsin 2011
http://alexaharding.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that this might not be the best place to post. I've never shaved my thighs because I'm hairless there, and, for that matter, I'm also pretty much hairless on the lower part of my leg as well, and what few hairs I have are quite fine.

I don't know whether this works on men, but you could try Nair so that the hair does not grow back as coarsely. That would also avoid the ingrown hair problem as well. Good luck finding an answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to wax upper legs and shave lower legs. After years of doing this, the hair doesn't grow as much on my upper legs and I shave both. When you wax you don't get the stubble/itchiness. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Leg Shaving Question [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Id say wax 100% if you dont want stubble. Maybe you can find a salon where they wont think this weird. I am sure they've seen it all. But really, your legs will be smooth and no stubble.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whenever I get the thigh though it seems like no matter what I always end up getting bumps and what not; pretty much a PITA as it itches when it grows back and is uncomfortable with a lot of clothing.

That doesn't sound easier than a leg full of hair.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try using an exfoliant (apricot scrub or even a loofah or rough washcloth) on those areas on day 2 after shaving, and do it periodically after that. It will help avoid ingrown hairs which may be causing your problems.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri dudes shave way more than we do I'm guessing.

I'm lazy and pretty much only shave the front of my legs from the knee down ;-)

Try Kiss My Face shaving lotion. It's a concentrated goo that comes in a pump and I love it and have heard of guys that love it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really good advice in here! Hopefully after reading all these tips, this will become a thing of the past for you.

I use a small amount of Tea Tree oil - natural remedy for reducing skin irritations and razor burn from shaving. Exfoliate in the shower, apply immediately after drying off. At Aveda stores - it costs $13 and lasts for months.
Quote Reply
Re: Leg Shaving Question [i-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Epilator. If you are really hairy, wax once, then maintain with epilator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only shave from the knee down, except for maybe 2-3 times a year.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Leg Shaving Question [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1.
Quote Reply