Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

June 14 Weekly check in
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: June 14 Weekly check in [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good week. I am most proud of that I rode to work twice!!!!!

met my goals (100 mi at least of cycling, 6 runs, do better with eating) did not meet swim 3-4 times.
Cycling - 5 days - 6:30
Running - 6 days - 43 miles
Swimming - 2 days - 8100 yds

Eating: good therapy appointment that got me back on track so I had 5 days of doing well last week (and two days of bingeing). Right now I am on day THREE of eating well and am on a challenge of cutting out sugar, which spikes anxiety for me and makes me more prone to binge. Some sugar (like in chocolate soymilk) is okay, it's the desserts I'm not supposed to eat.

Goals:
Be at TEN days of no bingeing when I start this thread next week, and no sugar. (the no sugar is hard!)
6 runs, 4 days of cycling, 3 swims

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jun 14, 10 6:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
During the week I didn't do much - ran 5.2k Wednesday and rode 10k Thursday (just to check that my position was comfortable).

This Saturday and Sunday I did the Ride to Conquer Cancer (I raised $2,795!) - 200 miles in 2 days. I was nervous because I did not properly train (my long rides consisted of five 60k rides and one 92k ride) - my bf was worried I wouldn't be able to do the first day let alone two. I figured I'd be able to draft a lot and that would help. Barely drafted - day 1, I rode solo about 95% of the time, and day 2 almost 100% (some guy I'd been pulling wanted to return the favour, though we got to an aid station almost immediately).

Saturday - a mix of flat and rolling hills. 162.92k in 5:57 - 27.6k/ph average moving speed. I lost a lot of speed once we got into Hamilton (where the Day 1 camp was) because of traffic and joining up with the 100k riders for the last 15k (obviously they were not fast riders if they were taking 6hrs (or more; I passed tonnes) to do 100k. I lost about 1 min/k. It wasn't a fast ride for me but I was trying to be conservative given that I'd never ridden that far and hadn't trained right. Rained a bit.

Sunday - fairly flat. 160.37k in 5:40 - 28.5k/ph average moving speed. Another conservative day because of doing the distance 2 days in a row, I wasn't sure how I would feel. Had to stop and stretch my lower back a lot, it was killing me. A lot more rain than Saturday.

The aftermath - back of my left knee is sore (saddle height needs to changed), the heels of my palms and my right shoulder are sore. Front of knees were sore (I think because my connective tissue is not adapted to doing rides of that length) and my quads and hamstrings are very minorly sore - more of that 'we did something' feeling.

Goals for this week:

Pretty much whatever I feel like doing. We will likely OWS tonight and I'll see how my shoulder feels, I may just float around a bit. Maybe do a run or two during the week. Saturday OWS, ride 60 or 90k, maybe do a short brick. Sunday run 10k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I met all my goals this week! Whoohooo me! haha. Did 3 swims, 2 rides, 3 runs, my brick, and my race!!

The Oly went really great, it was a ton of fun. A few things I'd like to improve on are my sighting and then just working on my run (always my weak point, probably always will be, but I'd really like to fix it!). My final time was 3:01:56 (swim 33:51, T1 2:25, bike 1:19:21, T2 1:50, run 1:04:27).

This week is a bit of a taper:
Workouts: Swim: 2, Bike: 1 medium, Run: 2 short, 1 medium, Brick: 1 short bike/short run
Race: High Cliff Half Ironman!! The goal here is just to see what the distance is like, then I do Steelhead in July and try to push it.
Other: Work through some BarryP threads and figure out my plan of attack for improving my stupid run...

Nice work this week ladies. And thank you TC for starting these threads each week, I look forward to them!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: June 14 Weekly check in [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to update eating-wise.

Mixed, I would say. But some of my bigger meals were carb loading ;)

Saturday and Sunday I ate massive amounts of food post-ride, but that's also because each day my breakfast consisted of some Gatorade and 2 glasses of OJ, and then throughout the ride all I took in was Infinit (they had food and full lunches for the riders but I hadn't trained with solid food so just left it). I drank a half bottle of Infinit every hour on the hour - I have to learn to drink and ride at the same time because people I had passed would catch back up to me and then I'd have to pass them again. Luckily I like Infinit! We went to the IHOP Sunday in Niagara Falls and I was very excited b/c I'd never eaten at an IHOP before!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week: 2 swims only, fixed cleat position but only 1 ride during the week (on hubby's CX bike), 1 really solid core workout, did run hills through preston but wasn't the best timing. did almost 80km with tanker yesterday (and had good fun, though he didn't enjoy the last bit) at TdG, so met my 100+km cycling baseline for the week. i did have an awesome trail run on saturday!

this week:

- i really, really need to get 4 swims in, and one of them OWS. have a date to visit some friends while they camp at a conservation area on saturday, and i'm taking my wetsuit. going to the Y tonight, need to figure out where the other 2 swims will be since my "new" pool is closed this week & next for maintenance (regular pool closed jun 1st - sept 30th for renovation).

- 2 core workouts. for real.

- get out on my tri bike for some riding consistency. even if they're short, i'd like 4-5 rides this week.

- keep up running consistency. this is the one thing i seem to be pretty good with!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) 4 PT sessions -- FAIL only did 1-2. not sure if you can really count the second.
2) Successfully complete (ie no pain) 3 run/walks at my week 2 ration of 3 min walk/1 min run - approximately 18 miles for the week -- got in 15 miles as I cut one run short due to time and heat.
3) Complete my mid-week bike ride (I tend to avoid this as its on the trainer) -- FAIL

Last week was an almost total bust. I just didn't feel like myself. I took 2 rest days and just struggled through the others. My allergies were in full effect and I just had no motivation. A HAWKS win on Wednesday sort of through off a couple of days as there were parades to attend and whatnot. Way to go BLACKHAWKS!!!!

Goals for this week are to get back on track:
1) 4 PT/core sessions
2) Complete my 3 "runs" (2 min walk/1 min run)

Last edited by: instigator: Jun 14, 10 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Met all of my goals last week except for the no chocolate. There was chocolate sauce on my pre-Eagleman dinner dessert.

However --

Despite it being wretched and hot and humid at Eagleman, and a no westsuit swim (see main forum for plenty of whining about that) I qualified for Kona! It was one of those "wow, I really want this to happen but I'll never tell anyone that" things. Right now I'm walking on air. And very sore feet.

For this coming week:
Today/Tuesday/Wednesday: get sleep, get nutrition, get stretchy. Swim maybe if I feel like it.
Thursday: Short run to work out kinks
Friday: Swim
Saturday: Short run
Sunday: Century ride -- Tour de Cure.

http://konabound.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: June 14 Weekly check in [alharaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RAD! That's awesome.

You should add chocolate into your pre-race meal always.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goal: 70k of running. CLOSE - 4k shy. But logged a lot of really goods runs, felt good, and squeezed in a 2hr ride too.

This week's goal: 70k of running. Supporting P at Victoria 1/2IM on Sunday. ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YEAH! Kona!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NICE! That's awesome!

Ap

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoo! Way to go!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kick ass!!

Last week I got in 51 miles, a little short of my goal but I took a rest day after my disastrous half mary last weekend. Finished off the week with a very strong 14 miles on Sunday.
Did OK with food. Great with fruit into my diet, not as good with veggies. I'm really bored with veggies. Gotta solve that this week.

This week, add in those damn veggies. Find creative and interesting ways to prepare them.
I won't put a mileage goal down because I did an unplanned 50 mile ultra yesterday and my feet and legs are pretty sore. I'll post the story if you all are interested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply