Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero bars on soloist
Quote | Reply
I just mounted some aero bars on my soloist. I flipped the seat forward and lowered the handlebars to attempt a more aero position. Used all the resources on the internet to try to dial in my position as I will not be able to get fitted in this position until next week. Riding forward on a bike is different for me coming from all slack seat angled bikes. The soloist handles pretty good in the forward position, not as good as the road bike position but acceptable. I was told that I may be a little slower initially because of the recruitment of slightly different muscles but I haven't been so far. In fact I am very comfortable and actually faster. I have never owned aero bars before this pair, I feel like I am cheating with the ability to support my body on these pads. It's like having a new bike, again! Can't wait to ride each day.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero bars on soloist [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The soloist handles pretty good in the forward position, not as good as the road bike position but acceptable."

I'd say that's a pretty good description of a "multi-sport" position on a compact road frame. Works fine for a tri but you'd definately want to put it back to road position for your next group ride.

With the aero bars still be sure that you're not over extended. When I used my TCR for tris in the multi-sport 75/76 degree position it worked best with small size Syntace C2's instead of the medium size that I would use with a tri bike geometry.
Quote Reply