Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do June 7
Quote | Reply
How was it?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 rides - 4:34 - met goal.
6 runs - 52 miles - met goal; won a local 4 mile race outright! (it was small)
3 swims - 6200 yds total - so not much there.
1 walk - 5 miles

Did ok with eating.

Goals this week:
ride over 100 miles (total... cycling's not my thing ;-) I rode to work today!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 swims
6 runs

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jun 8, 10 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
training for the Swim Around Key West. last week: 4 swims, 17000 meters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your race!!!

Last week....

Not good, I basically didn't work out all week. I knew it was a bad week but yikes!

1 run, 1 ride, 1 swim (OW; first swim in a wetsuit!)

Ran Tuesday.

Wednesday's bike fitting took longer than expected - that plus dinner pretty took the entire evening. Thursday we had a bit of thunder so instead of riding right after work ran some errands (summer clothes) and had an impromtu dinner out which wrecked running later. Friday evening we had a wedding - which I TOTALLY forgot about until Tuesday when a friend emailed me about when we were going to show up for the ceremony, and I was like 'Oh shit is that THIS Friday? I haven't even bought a present yet!' (Luckily there was something left on the registry in the price range I wanted to spend - I dunno what it is we bought them, but whatever)

OWS Saturday, and bike Saturday - only 60k as new position on bike was causing back spasms and as I was coming in near the end of the 60k (was going to do twice) my bf was heading back out and I wanted to talk to him about my back. I circled around to grab him and forgot to clip out when I stopped and as a result fell over - SO embarrassing. Though quite funny after the fact. Anyways, some bruising in sensitive areas from the fall plus embedded gravel plus my back (though my bf adjusted my seat forward for me there) I decided to be a big old suck and just do 60k. Such is life.

We are also euthanizing my oldest cat (Mitch) and best friend this evening, so I spent a lot of Saturday and Sunday with him instead of working out (plus family came over to spend some time with Mitch). We had a good final weekend together which is what I wanted.

This week:

Well - I'm not planning on working out tonight for obvious reasons, will try to get a short run in Tuesday though we have an appointment in the evening, Wednesday I have a mandatory meeting for an event I'm organizing for the outdoor club I volunteer for though I will try to get a quick run in, Thursday we are probably going to meet Toby's new niece who was born Sunday, plus, my bike is in the shop until Thursday (broken headset, which probably explains why the front wheel is so unnerving when I brake, plus rewiring etc). So it's going to be a busy week.

This weekend I am doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer, which is a 2-day event.
Last edited by: Teags: Jun 7, 10 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry about the kitty :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't post last week as I was out doing a ton of field work but last week was ok. Missed a couple of swims but other than that it was all good. I started week 1 of my 5 week progression to start running again and got in 17 miles of run/walk with a 3 min walk/30 sec run ratio and had no knee pain. Goals for this week:

1) 4 PT sessions
2) Successfully complete (ie no pain) 3 run/walks at my week 2 ration of 3 min walk/1 min run - approximately 18 miles for the week
3) Complete my mid-week bike ride (I tend to avoid this as its on the trainer)

Hope everyone has a good week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

work out swim schedule & get in the pool. i went twice during the week, and had a fun, easy splash-around on saturday in an outdoor pool with my husband. i also ENJOYED the swim at the race i did on sunday for the first time ever!

run goals (1 long, 1 easy, 1 short w/strides) sort of check - the easy run became a hill run, which was great! run at the race wasn't up to much, though.

get neck & right hip/glute healthy before the race: check, though the hip is still somewhat bothersome. looks like my right cleat rotated a bit, so need to fix that before i ride the bike again.

core work was a complete fail, but the race was lots of fun and i won my (10 year) age group :)

this week:

- 4 swims, no excuses. maybe another OWS on saturday.

- fix right cleat position and get some good cycling mileage in during the week.

- at LEAST 1 core workout, preferably 2

- go run through preston, which will mean some hills. i realised this weekend that i miss running through there (haven't done so yet this year), and the hills will be good for me.

- have fun cycling 50km with my husband at the tour de grand on sunday!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
goals for last week: ramp up run mileage; contribute to company's Bike to Work Week entry ;-) - did both, managed 63km of running (up from 60 the week before and 40 the week before that [tri racing cut that down]); and rode 100k via commuting.

goals for this week: run mileage up to 70k. cut out the wine with dinners on weeknights (this is becoming a bad/expensive habit for me). 3 weeks until next 1/2 marathon, and I really want to nail this one (after two close-calls, I'm tired of not getting my goal ;-))

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run mileage total: 52 miles. Yippee!

Nutritionist: Food logged for 4 days and sent to her on Saturday. Really interesting to log without tracking calories. My eating is nuts as far as a regular schedule. Food quality is good but timing is all over the place.

Weights: Did upper body and core work on Wed. Ended up fairly sore and had 2x runs on Thurs and Fri so I didn't lift again. Sat. was crazy with volunteering at a local tri and I needed a nap more then weights.

Sunday I did a last minute half marathon. Didn't go well at all. I hadn't had more than 5 hours of sleep for the previous 3 nights in a row and had a long trip to get to the race which included a 1:40 drive and a 1:20 minute ferry ride. Ended up with one of my slowest halfs ever. Ah well. It was a beautiful course.

This week:
Run mileage total: 55 miles
Weights: 3x upper body and core work
Nutrition: Get plan from nutritionist and execute!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [Teags] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had 3 successful days of not bingeing :-) this will be day 4. I feel like I am jinxing myself by saying that but it is totally under my control!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Way to go! That's great :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work on the races, ladies!

So my goals last week:
Swim: 3 ows - check
Ride: 1 short, 1 medium, 1 long - check
Run: 3 medium - skipped 1, as I was wasted for a few days from my half
Brick: 1 short ride + long run - check
and maybe do some core work?? - hahah, right.
Got in some great training on the Steelhead course. Did the bike course once and the swim course twice. Ended up with perfect running weather (64 and overcast) when we did the run course, and both I and the hubs managed to improve on last week's race time by 10 min, and we both still felt great at the end. It's amazing what good weather can do for you, ha!

This week's goals:
Swim: 3
Ride: 1 long, 1 medium
Run: 3 medium
Brick: short bike and short run
AND... My first ever tri will be this weekend! Olympic distance - I'm trying to balance the original goal (just getting used to race day, transitions, etc) and really pushing it. I'm excited. :)

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok on Thursday (including the thunderstorm during the bike ride!)
Skipped running on Friday in favor of the elliptical
Bike Saturday
Yoga Sunday....maybe not the best idea. It's left me pretty sore so far. I got out of the habit of doing it so it was a pretty rude wake-up. Oops...
(Monday was a swim and got my bike fit -- took your advice tc.
Today was an hour of stretching.)

Chocolate on Thursday, but it was double-chocolate cake at a going away party at work...MY going away party. That makes it ok, right? Other than that, my will has been strong!
Ate something in the morning every day, even on days without a morning workout.

Rest of this week:
Weds: 3 mi run, more stretching in the evening
Thursday: short swim (2k), short bike intervals (~30-40 min)
Friday: short swim (1.5k)
Saturday: off, stretching
Sunday: Eagleman!

Goals:
Foam rolling 2x day
Still no chocolate (until Sunday!!)
More than 6 hours of sleep every night until Eagleman.

http://konabound.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [alharaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced the Tri for Real oly in Herald, Ca on Sunday (6th). The 90+ degree weather just killed me. After a good swim and bike I walked a large part of the run. But I ended up finishing in 2:59. This week I'm taking off completely just because I don't feel like doing anything. Training restarts next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to jump into these threads! I am at least 200 miles from the nearest triathlete right now!
I am doing 8 days in a row of night shift at a diamond mine near the arctic.

I am recovering from a 40km relay run and 110 mile bike ride last weekend.
I managed to put in 12 hours of cycling training (only 2 of those outside!) this week, but only ran 15 minutes. I figure it's okay take a week off of running after a 40k, right?!!
Well, in any case, I didn't have the heart to do a bunch of treadmill workouts or run around the 80m track...

There is a giant spinning room on site, so I put in seasons 1 and 6 of Sex and the City and went to town with some pretty high quality workouts, considering everything. My big event this summer is a long distance cycle, so that is where my priorities lie.

My job normally involves working 4 days a week on site, then flying back to where I live (Yellowknife) for 3 days. There's just a special trial going on, so I am working through until Wednesday, then I get 5 days off this time.
Night shift is kind of difficult. Also, it's a strange time to be doing night shift near the arctic circle. I just went on my "lunch break" at midnight and sat outside, where it is still fully bright out. My body is so confused.
Normally, I do spin workouts Tue/Wed pm and then concentrate on doing more outdoor stuff when I get back. There is a pool in Yellowknife, but I've been avoiding it - and there aren't many great hours for lap swimming.

BUT, I have to start getting my a** in the pool!

Eating has been pretty good this week. There is a great cafeteria at work - all of it free. So, I eat about 4 lbs of veggies and 3 lbs of fruit every day, and go to town whenever the meat choices involve fish. Unfortunately, there are also a lot of sweets and yummy croissants, plus our coffee room is full of saltines and packages of peanut butter (one of my downfalls!). I've kept it to about 1 sweet and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter per day this week. Also, I made a vow to work up to eating a bit of *every single vegetable* in the salad bar. The mushrooms, celery and red onions are still on my "to do" list!

There are a million stairs where I work. I've noticed that my legs are particularly fatigued tonight when trying to go up and down them. The pot-bellied smokers with whom I work are kind of surprised how much more slowly I go up the stairs than do they...

My goals this week are
- to do 20 hours of cycling over my 5 days off
- to swim 2x
- to run 3 times
- to not drink more than 13 alcoholic drinks during my 5 days off! (oof! this is YELLOWKNIFE and it's SOLSTICE weekend so I just can't sign up to any less boozing than that!)

I am *SO* craving a real espresso drink. Here, it's Nabob drip coffe. Blech...

Anyways, I don't have too many people here who can understand my training, so it's nice that y'all are out there in C-space...
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [imsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm going to jump into these threads! I am at least 200 miles from the nearest triathlete right now!
I am doing 8 days in a row of night shift at a diamond mine near the arctic.

LOL --- and very cool about the diamond mine! Can you sneak one in a pocket for me :P

Stairs kill my legs too.

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do June 7 [imsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whoa, very cool! Sounds like an interesting place to be, and good on you for training and eating right and everything else all on your own!!

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply