Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry
Quote | Reply
Yep, I done a good one. I always wanted to do this race, and last night P and I had enough liquid courage that we signed up. Any of the womens done this one? Where in Taupo is good to stay (area wise)? roads are chipseal yes?

AUGH I'm crazeee!!! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bid on ebay and downloaded music under influence of wine (hello...Cheap Trick?) but never signed up for something major like this!
wow! congratulations! sounds awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited for you!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oh boy, I've done the ebay thing UTI. was talking to a race friend today and she's encouraging me to sign up for IMWI- wine sounds like just the ticket :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And you call me a crackhead...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been there 5 times. Love that race!

I stay w/friends or at a B&B. Gillies Lodge. Lots of B&Bs and small hotels and the town is very easy to get around. People who have done both IM NZ and IM Canada have said they like the atmosphere of NZ better...more like Penticton used to be.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! We booked a B&B in town... last few times in NZ, I always did homestays, I think we'll spend another 10+ days post race exploring the area. Funny, I've been to NZ 4 times and have never seen the "middle" of the country. Did AKL thru Cape Reinga a few times, then Christchurch South to Stewart Island a few times, but never what lay in between. I'm thinking Napier for the Art Deco architecture, Wellington just cuz, and some of the big parks. The beaches on the North half of the North Island are better along the West coast, do you know anything about the beaches in the Southern half of the N Isl? i.e.: New Plymouth and area...?

Very excited now, not going to think about all those trainer rides from Nov thru Feb now... :-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The worst drunk race sign-up I've done is a 5km run, nothing in comparison to an IM. Friends fed me full of wine, put their laptop in front of me and helped me find my credit card. If those friends start planning for marathons I'll be sure to be the designated driver at their house parties!
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Friends fed me full of wine, put their laptop in front of me and helped me find my credit card.

With friends like those...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In university the drunkest one in the dorm, thankfully never me, would wake up with jiffy markered comments from the rest of the floor written all over them. I think I've upgraded friends since then! (Maybe?)
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That happened to my former boss just a few years ago. He got drunk and passed out at a party (all colleagues) and they markered up his face with sharpies, took a picture, and emailed it around the office titled "The new face of <company name>"

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I had friends that did NZ last year and LOVED it! Yes, the roads have a pretty rough surface but they just had an awesome race experience. Good luck with those long trainer rides - Netflix??? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NFL playoffs will help too ;-)

I did IMWA in 05, also chipseal, so I know what I'm in fer....

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi ya

this is my first post to the Womens forum. Am a kiwi and live in Auckland. Congrats and "good on ya" for signing up for Taupo. It's a great race and as CLM says you will have a ball. Stopped doing Iman a few years ago, still run and do the odd offroad race but love following what you are all up to. So inspirational!!! It keeps me motivated.

New Plymouth is a very pretty town, being on the West Coast the beaches have great surf. N.P. hosted the womens world surf champs recently. Its a great place for running. Suggest you visit the nation park while you are there. Have you done the Tongariro Crossing. Depending how you are after the race that would be an amazing walk to do. Napier is pretty cool too. Fabulous vineyards there and yes the art deco is work a look.

Hey CLM so when are you coming back???

cheers
Tui
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's how I ended up in IMLOU this year! We were out with a bunch of other triathletes, talking about the end of the season and who's doing what..etc. I actually tried to register on a friends iphone! Went home and registered. (caveat- hubby drove home, not me)

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha when I saw the subject line I laughed out loud. This is how my husband and I signed up for IMFL in 2000... :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Doh - Wine + Internet + Credit card = IMNZ 2011 Entry [Tui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Hey CLM so when are you coming back??? <<

Damn! I need to get back there. I just got an email from the couple who used to own the B&B I stayed in and it made me really want to come visit. I'm thinking December/January, in the heart of summer would be a good time!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info, glad to hear the surf's good in NP area... come March any idea what the water temps are? (i.e.: do i need to bring my surfing wetsuit? or will boardies and a rashie suffice? I can handle 17degC or so in shorts & rashie for a few hrs, but colder than that and I prefer some neoprene ;-)). Will check into the Tongariro Crossing - I've usually been running within a week post IM so worth checking into...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha. I thought this might be you!

I've stayed at Tui's house and then she introduced me to her friends and that got me in even MORE trouble! :-)

Yes, she's the real deal Kiwi gal.

Lots to see and do right around Taupo (Huka Falls, volcanic areas, etc.) Definitely plan multiple trips to the hot springs. Rotorua was interesting to see and probably my favorite little town to stop and have lunch and a look at the shops was Cambridge. It's horse country and I really liked it there.

Damn, how much holiday do I have?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks for the info, glad to hear the surf's good in NP area... come March any idea what the water temps are? (i.e.: do i need to bring my surfing wetsuit? or will boardies and a rashie suffice? I can handle 17degC or so in shorts & rashie for a few hrs, but colder than that and I prefer some neoprene ;-)). Will check into the Tongariro Crossing - I've usually been running within a week post IM so worth checking into...

AP

hi there

Boardies and a rash shirt should be ok. Our water temps are pretting cold tho' How many times have you been to Taupo? Got a big surprise to see that it has completely sold out. Wow that is amazing. When I first did IMNZ when it was here in Auckland you would be lucky to get a field of 700 of which only 75 were women.

If you fly into Auckland and would like to meet up yell out. We had had a great time with CLM and yes trouble did occur!!

am stuck at school writing reports and supervising a dance practice!

cheers
Tui
ps a tui is a beautiful bird which is similar to a Bellbird
Quote Reply