Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pedal stroke / ankle flexing
Quote | Reply
A lot is spoken about the improtance of a smooth and 'round' pedal stroke. What is meant is that the force you apply on the pedal should always be perpendicular to the crank. So far no mysteries for me. What about the ankle however? I was advised by an 'expert' the other day to flex my ankle joint during the pedal stroke as this would make the pedal stroke more 'round'. Is this true? I usually keep my ankle joint fixed throughout the stroke, with my toes pointing slightly down. Is it better to 'peddle' with the ankle joint? Why? Anybody has any experience?
Quote Reply
Re: pedal stroke / ankle flexing [Ron G.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make no claimes to be an expert on this, but I believe what you are talking about is called ankling. Some people do it, some don't. I'm one of the people that do. If you watch the tour you will see this for yourself. I was told to do whatever is comfortable and that is no advantage either way. It will make an impact on your seat position though. Just make sure that your not trying to push down on the pedals with your toes pointed down.

My $.02

jaretj
Quote Reply