Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good bike WO to move from aerobic to intervals?
Quote | Reply
Two questions for Olympic dist. Tri bike training:

One, I need help on a good transitional bike WO to move from my aerobic phase to my key WO which probably will be 8 X (1 mile just above AT wattage/ 1 mile easy). I figured it would be better to not just jump right into that hard of a workout from my aerobic base. Any ideas? I'm assuming I'll get plenty of ideas. There are just too many great ways to train.

Second, do any of you have problems deciding on WOs and how do you do them from week to week? I think there are plenty of WOs you can design for anything and really not much time or energy to do them. If you really only fit in one speed WO with all your recovery, technique and long rides, do you only do that one WO every week and stick with it? I thought maybe it would be good to alternate WOs from week to week. Maybe do one constant and "interval-less" tempo ride one week to one interval workout above threshold. Also, I wouldn't want to do different kinds of WOs from week to week since have the fun is getting more confident and seeing yourself progress from week to week.

Any ideas? (disclaimer: I'm familiar with macro and micro cyles and the progression of training and have Friel's big book with the swimmer on the front that I can't remember the name of)
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike WO to move from aerobic to intervals? [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just less than 8? Start with 4 or so and add an interval each week or so. That's what I did with track workouts last year. It worked well for me because the hard part for me of doing of an interval workout was learning not to go too hard on the first one. Riding should be easier than running, especially if you have something that measures power.
Quote Reply
Re: Good bike WO to move from aerobic to intervals? [ncooksey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. I'm not sure why I didn't think of that. I guess I wanted to mix it up a bit. I may try 3 X 2 miles at threshold/ 1 mile easy. Thanks for the reply. Anyone else have trouble deciding on workouts? So many great ones and so little time.
Quote Reply