Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

pathetic
Quote | Reply
i am looking for a road bike in a size 57-58 cm. age not important. just a good working bike. the catch...

i only got $200. yeah i'm looking for charity. any takers?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: pathetic [customerjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hit the garage sales. A friend of mine recently picked up an immaculate old Bianchi with a beautiful lugged steel frame and Campy Record 12 sp for thirty bucks. Not a scratch on it. You might also get a good deal on ebay or at a police auction. In all cases, be patient.
Quote Reply
Re: pathetic [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah i'm pathetic ain't i?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No you're not. You're being too hard on yourself. I ran my fist season on a fifteen year old 12 sp that was given to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently bought an old 12 speed Cannondale with Shimano 600/105 and downtube shifters for $150. Don't know what year or model it is; it's a purple frame with "Cannondale" across the top tube. That's it. I use it on my trainer and on outdoor rides when the weather is bad. I've had no complaints with it at all, and I would even race on it if the need arose. During the winter, I did my standard 52-mile ride on that old bike and was only a minute or two off my typical finishing time with my race bike. You could get a $200 road bike you could race on for years if you look around hard enough. In fact, my LBS owner has one he would let go for about $150. I think it's a 58cm. Don't know where you are or what it would cost to ship it to you (or if he even has it), but if you're still interested, email me offline and we'll chat.

RP
rnhpreston@charter.net
Quote Reply
There's nothing pathetic about it... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had my ass handed to me by dudes with $50 flea-market bikes, and by dudes with $6000 Colnagos sportin' full Campy Record - guess which hurts less? ;)

Seriously though, check out the classifieds, garage sales, and the trader boards in your local bike shops/Y/Community Center. If you live in the Bay Area, Craigslist rocks too. There's nothing wrong with having an inexpensive bike.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did my first event on a mountain bike, second on a $90 Norco ladies road bike, and did first half iron on a 200 Bianchi tourer. All second hand and all in Canadian dollars!