Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rant- True Fitness customer service sucks
Quote | Reply
There have been several posts recently about companies that offer tremendous customer service. This is a major selling point in my mind, and definitely influences my purchasing decisions. I wanted to pass along a not-so-good experience along the same lines. For those that are contemplating purchasing a treadmill for the home, Runner's World has rated the True Fitness 540HRC as the top treadmill for the second time in a row (1999 test and again in 2002).

I have owned a True 540HRC for about a year now. My complaint is not with the treadmill itself- it's an awesome machine. My issue is with their customer service, both on the phone but especially via e-mail. I have sent them 3 e-mails over a period of 2 months without a single reply even acknowledging that I sent a message. I have left several voicemails with my problem. Finally I managed to get a live person today, and got the most simplistic "blow off" response to my problem. (Basically the use of a newer Polar coded transmitter with the treadmill).

I know that a good product should sell itself, but I place a lot of value in good customer service when making purchasing decisions, especially on big-ticket items. Knowing what I know now, I would have to say that I might reconsider purchasing from True, and I certainly would not recommend them to anyone. Sorry for the long-winded message but I felt that this might be of some value to others.

Quote Reply
Re: Rant- True Fitness customer service sucks [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you. I'd rather pay more somewhere I know I'll get the attention I need/deserve vs saving a few bucks and deal with crappy customer service. My LBS charges more than other LBS's in town but everybody from the owner down to the mechanics know my name. I don't even go in all that often (1-2X's per month). Many companies don't realize one unhappy customer will tell all his friends about how crappy the service was and a happy customer tells one or two people how great the experience was.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply