Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race tank top recommendations
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a skin-tight tank with pockets for an upcoming 1/2. Any recommendations? I'm currently looking at the Orca Race Singlet but can't tell if it is tight fitting.

I have a DSS top but find it a little restricting. Definitely wearing my DSS power shorts...

Thanks!

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Re: Race tank top recommendations [Andy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sugoi stuff is outstanding. The pockets are the best.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Race tank top recommendations [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got something in size small that you can ship to PA?

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For sure the DSS 1/2 zip jersey. This thing is amazing. Great pockets, cool, ventilation control, and comfy. Have not had much luck with any of Orca's stuff. Quality of material just isn't there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently using the Orca Tri-pocket Singlet and the DSS power shorts. The combination is working for me.

It's a matter of personal preference. Try several on in the shop and see what you like.

Cheers,

dt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the best quality but I really like my RNH tri singlet... really fits nicely and it is a singlet style so not restrictive either... don't really last but I got 2 on sale...

I also really like my DSS top too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the Orca this year. Fits tight and I didn't notice it at all during my a 1/2 IM, which to me is a good thing, means no chafing, binding, etc. Also, looks decent, if I can't be fast I might as well look good doing it.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zoot tops are nice, tight and durable. I found them really cheap at sportsbasement.com. The white ones are particularly nice. With the front zipper undone a bit my wife says I look just like Chris Lieto. Not. Seriously though, check them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up a couple of Pearl Izumi 3/4 zip tank tops at the outlet store in Vacaville for a song. They're snug, have pockets, and the zipper goes all the way down to my belly button! I can't speak for the durability of these particular garments, but have had excellent wear from PI gear in the past, and expect no less from these.

(Now I just need to get back in shape so I can actually wear the damn things without scaring people...)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Last edited by: Khai: May 20, 03 23:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.fredericks.com/...p;product%5Fid=41641

It's not very aero but it'll get you noticed.

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Re: Race tank top recommendations [Noggin the Nog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and for some... even arrested. LOL

Joe Moya
Quote Reply