Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First ScotRail launch 'Wake me Up' Christmas campaign
Quote | Reply
Scotland doesn't have any pissy laws about being drunk in public :-)

16 December 2004

THREE IN TEN FESTIVE REVELLERS FALL ASLEEP ON TRAIN HOME

First ScotRail is joining forces with Strathclyde Passenger Transport (SPT) to launch the ‘Wake Me Up’ campaign for festive revellers. This fun campaign, which launches today (Thursday 16 December), is designed to encourage goodwill among passengers during the festive party season.

With just ten days to go to Christmas and the party season in full swing, passengers on Friday evening services will be given a Wake Me Up badge and pen. They can use the badge to highlight their final destination, so fellow passengers can wake them up before their stop if they fall asleep.

Ellie Newlands, Head of Marketing for First ScotRail said: “This is a fun initiative created to encourage camaraderie and festive spirit on the train home. We know how easy it is to relax and fall asleep on the train. It’s not uncommon for passengers to wake up and find they have missed their stop, particularly at this time of year.”

Councillor Alistair Watson, Chair of Strathclyde Passenger Transport added: “We carry around 80,000 of passengers home every day during the Festive season, with an estimated three in ten falling asleep on the train home. Our passengers have a great sense of humour and hopefully will enjoy being involved.”

Sample messages include:

‘Wake Me Up’…

If I start to snore, drool, fall asleep on my fellow passengers.
If I’m nodding it’s not because I agree with you!
If you are tall dark and handsome!
Mine’s a full Scottish Breakfast!
When my hangover is gone in two days time!
Who’s nicked my teddy!

A promotional team will be on hand to help distribute the badges and pens to thousands of passengers on Friday 17th December from 6pm to 8pm at Glasgow Central, Queen Street and Edinburgh Waverley stations.

There are approximately 215,0000 daily passengers journeys on services operated by First ScotRail, around three-quarters of these are on the Strathclyde Passenger Transport network.

Ends
Quote Reply