Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A Question on Ankle Pain
Quote | Reply
A few months back I was suffering from Patella Tendonitis (Chondromalacia) and greatly favoring my right knee by hopping down stairs on my left foot. This was probably mid January of '03. In the process of hopping down stairs I developed pain in my left ankle, its behind and below the bony part on the outside of the ankle with pain occasionally extending towards the "ring toe." From mid January until March, I avoided and biking while I worked through PT for my knee. I never went to the doc about the ankle. The PT person gave me a few exercises to strengthen the ankle including using dynabands to flex the foot towards the knee and then a second to flex the exterior portion of the calf muscle. Unfortunately it is now mid May and my pain has not lessened. I realize I should see a doc again, but I have trouble going back to say I F'd myself up again. Does anyone have any suggestions on other exercises which may help to strengthen the ankle? I find I cannot stretch the ankle very well as it is too painful. Any suggestions/advice will be greatly appreciated. This does not affect my Tri training/racing but it does prevent my from skating on the weekends.

Thank you.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Use your Head. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go see a doctor, or at least a physical therapist. Pain is not good, and usually an indication that there is a problem.

"Any idiot can run a marathon. It takes a special kind of idiot to run an ultramarathon." -Alan Cabelly
Quote Reply