Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

It was a good day for a race
Quote | Reply
Just got back from UVAS. perfect weather, Sunny Light winds, 75 degree air water was 66. Had a fun race. Didn't even let a flat [rock tore a hole in the sidewall. booted it up as got back on] get me down. I was as too busy having fun racing hard with all my buddies to care. Got to hang out post race with Amy White, Cathy Morgan [Ironclm] and a host of others and watch some of our friends get up on the podium.

As usual J&A put on a great uncrowded race!!!

Its going to be a fun Summer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Dittos on J&A and UVAS [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J&A puts on great races that are fun as well as challenging. I didn't race today (broken collarbone, still mending) but I'll be at SJIT, Folsom, Catfish and probably Californiaman.

Bottom line is that J&A cares about the athletes. They're the only folks I know who will give you a voucher for next years race if you're injured and can't go.

How about that battle between Pete Kain and Mike Inguardia? If the run were a half mile longer, it would have been a shootout.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: It was a good day for a race [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah! What a great day! I am back! I'm very happy with my race today (except for the swim--guess I should actually get in the pool). And, every time I see my pal Amy White is a good day. It was also great to see Eric and his lovely wife Ruth.

And yes, J&A puts on really great races. See ya at SJIT, Folsom and CaliMan 2004.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy, Tamatha and their crew do rock!!!

Sounds like you had a good time watching the elite wave today.
they were on the run by the time my wave headed out on the bike. Gina Kerr headed out on her run [1st place today] as I headed out on the bike lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Last edited by: eric: May 18, 03 18:21
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Eric,

It was a nicely put race indeed. If you were # 196 then I saw your bike but I could not find you. I somehow missed Cathy also. I am sure there will be more opportunities. I did have the pleasure to meet jkatsoudas.
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Trirunner,

It was nice meeting you and putting the face with the name. Cathy. I looked for you (redhead with the Red Cervelo) but didn't see you before the race to introduce myself. My little guy was ready for his nap after the race, so I had to get out pretty fast and couldn't hang out. J&A absolutely rocks! This was my second time at UVAS. I'll be at SJIT and Californiaman. Hopefully I'll get to me some of the rest of you all out there. As usual, the Neverreach was good for many laughs from all the comments. I'd definitely recommend it for the comedy value and as an icebreaker alone, though it performed flawlessly again.

-John
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was me

awesome day, although it did get a bit choppy on the backside of the swim

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Eric,

I saw you from a distance, but didn't get a chance to come and say hi. Sorry to hear about the flat. You're right, the water was really choppy, especially the second half of the swim. All in all a great day, though.

-John
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny we are in the same club yet we have never really met, Hey were you in a white car at packet pickup with your bike on the passenger side rack?

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. Black car, no bike, 18 month old kid at packet pickup yesterday. I'll definitely have to make the next club meeting to introduce myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to not meet you too, John. I did meet Dave (?), who had a Slowtwitch jersey on, but he rarely posts or reads. I'll be at SJIT. And that swim had to be long!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya Think?

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Dittos on J&A and UVAS [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And that swim had to be long!
I sure hope it was longer than last year, for my ego's sake. I can't believe I swam it in the same time I did last year.
Last edited by: jkatsoudas: May 19, 03 14:37
Quote Reply