here is one scary letter
Quote | Reply
http://www.riprense.com/bobjones.htm

President George W. Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Dear Mr. President:

The media tells us that you have received the largest number of popular votes of any
president in America's history. Congratulations!

In your re-election, God has graciously granted America-though she doesn't deserve it-a
reprieve from the agenda of paganism. You have been given a mandate. We the people
expect your voice to be like the clear and certain sound of a trumpet. Because you seek the
Lord daily, we who know the Lord will follow that kind of voice eagerly.

Don't equivocate. Put your agenda on the front burner and let it boil. You owe the liberals
nothing. They despise you because they despise your Christ. Honor the Lord, and He will
honor you.

Had your opponent won, I would have still given thanks, because the Bible says I must (I
Thessalonians 5:18). It would have been hard, but because the Lord lifts up whom He will
and pulls down whom He will, I would have done it. It is easy to rejoice today, because
Christ has allowed you to be His servant in this nation for another presidential term.
Undoubtedly, you will have opportunity to appoint many conservative judges and exercise
forceful leadership with the Congress in passing legislation that is defined by biblical norm
regarding the family, sexuality, sanctity of life, religious freedom, freedom of speech, and
limited government. You have four years-a brief time only-to leave an imprint for
righteousness upon this nation that brings with it the blessings of Almighty God.

Christ said, "If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my
servant be: if any man serve me, him will my father honour" (John 12:26).

The student body, faculty, and staff at Bob Jones University commit ourselves to pray for
you-that you would do right and honor the Savior. Pull out all the stops and make a
difference. If you have weaklings around you who do not share your biblical values, shed
yourself of them. Conservative Americans would love to see one president who doesn't care
whether he is liked, but cares infinitely that he does right.

Best wishes.

Sincerely your friend,

Bob Jones III
President

BJIII:lw

PS: A few moments ago I read this letter to the students in Chapel. They applauded loudly
their approval.

When I told them that Tom Daschle was no longer the minority leader of the Senate, they
cheered again.

On occasion, Christians have not agreed with things you said during your first term.
Nonetheless, we could not be more thankful that God has given you four more years to
serve Him in the White House, never taking off your Christian faith and laying it aside as a
man takes off a jacket, but living, speaking, and making decisions as one who knows the
Bible to be eternally true.
Quote Reply
Re: here is one scary letter [turtles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is this scary? Bob Jones has freedom of speech and is allowed to advocate his position in a letter to political leaders.
Quote Reply
Re: here is one scary letter [turtles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for reminding me, I need to get busy with the Bob Jones University Triathlon team

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: here is one scary letter [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Why is this scary?"

Well, according to Bob Jones, until recently I was a condemned sinner for having dated outside of my race. This guy is a kook. Seems to me Hitler was preaching the same thing. Guess now he's "liberalized" his position. The scarey part is that GWB is quite tight with this guy, as if Dubya isn't scarey enough on his own.

http://archives.cnn.com/.../US/03/04/bob.jones/
Quote Reply
Re: here is one scary letter [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, what others might think is scary is concluding Bush was "tight" with a person because Bush gave one speech at the University five years ago.

That was weak Cerveloguy. I know you can do better.

Hey, if you don't like Bob Jones, that is fine. I don't either. Is you life so secure you have to look to a letter to get scared?
Quote Reply