Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tired, tired, achey and tired
Quote | Reply
And it's only early February? Did I mention that my training has only seen the natural light of day once in 2010? Anybody else sick of winter indoor training?

Now I have to stop wasting time on Slowtwitch and go to the gym where I dread sitting on a trainer bike for 3 hours (Ouch!) and logging 20 minutes on the dreadmill after that.

However, if I am beaten to the podium again this year, it had better be by more than 40 seconds, because I am paying in blood now.

Tribato called me Fast Girl, but you may call me WhineyPants. Rant over.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Tired, tired, achey and tired [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why are you sitting on a trainer for 3 hours in Feb?

Even for a June race 2 hours with intervals and intensity is plenty for another few weeks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I had a total meltdown this week and skipped 2 runs. One was legitimate but the second was pure slack. I think sent a whine email to coach who told me to do 15 minutes on the tmill Thursday. Did that then only did 10 minutes on Friday. Got in my scheduled run yesterday but wasn't nearly as fast as I should have been during the threshold work.

Today I'm totally procrastinating.

I've noticed this sentiment in quite a few friends so we aren't alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the last 2 days of riding the trainer have actually made me happy - for once, i got my ass out of bed before 11am on BOTH saturday and sunday, and got after the bike first thing after breakfast. my trainer dungeon was flooded with bright, beautiful sunshine from a small, high east-facing window in the livingroom!

i usually like it dark down there...so much so that i leave a red bulb in the ceiling fixture:

but the sunlight was amazing :) got to ride my motorcycle and mountain bike outside in it, too! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
totally agree- 3 hours on the trainer? What for?? To me, not worth it...
Quote Reply
Re: Tired, tired, achey and tired [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sort of training would you be doing triFP, if you had an A race of at least a 1/2 IM distance in 7 weeks?

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tired, tired, achey and tired [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, apologies. Had no idea A race was in 7 weeks. (in my own defence the comment about it only being Feb could have been misleading) (just looked again, and no, no mention of race being that close. Thought I was going mad for a minute, so don't bite my head off clm!)

Yep- 7 weeks out from a 1/2, you need to get on the damn trainer.

Only helpful thing I can think of is 'is my competition sitting on the trainer or on the couch?'
Last edited by: triFP: Feb 8, 10 18:23
Quote Reply
Re: Tired, tired, achey and tired [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep - IMCali 70.3 at the end of March. With the water temperature, I should be happy that I don't have to swim in 50+ degree water around here. In fact, just the opposite; pools are too hot (81-84 degrees) for race training.

A little better today, even after starting with a new client who wants to be a triathlete, but doesn't swim yet or own a bike. But she wants me at 7 AM when my last client is at 9 PM.

O.K., now my rant is really over...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply