Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Must be Great to be in the USA!
Quote | Reply
Bet the subject got your attention, actually I am looking for someone in the UK who can recommend a good tri - bike fitter. Although there are lots of recommendations on this forum, unfortunately it is a long way to travel.

I live in Scotland so can any one recommend a fitter near by, I am traveling down to Windsor in June so can possible call in to any decent shops down that way.

Any chance we can get some of the good shops in the states to link up with LBS in the UK, and ensure we have access to the same level of service as you guys get.

I really want a new tri bike, but want to ensure I get it fitted properly.

Remember, keep in touch with yourself!
Quote Reply
Re: Must be Great to be in the USA! [Catwalk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last time I was in the UK I made a trip to Omega cycle works. www.omegacycleworks.com and got fitted for a Krono TT frame. Mark took a good deal of time letting me fit myself, then fitting me and giving me reasons why he made changes and making sure I was comfortable with the whole deal. I think frame and fork was around 900 pounds.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny there seems to be some on this forum who have a major dislike for the U.S.A.
Quote Reply
Re: Must be Great to be in the USA! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<I think frame and fork was around 900 pounds. >

Man, that is one heavy bike...

I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry. I just couldn't resist.

I'll go back to work now.......

Brett
Quote Reply
Re: Must be Great to be in the USA! [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly how do you come to the conclusion I have a major dislike for the USA?

I have no dislike for the USA at all, I genuinely wish we had the same level of knowledge and skills in the UK as you guys have in the states. So yes, I do think it must be great to be in the USA from a triathlete's point of view. Why not read the post properly before making pointless comments.

In fact this forum and it's contents are probably the best I have seen worldwide for triathletes, but for all the good advice I can get from it, I can't walk down the street in to one of the many LBS recommended so I don't have access to the skills that are available in the USA.

Remember, keep in touch with yourself!
Last edited by: Catwalk: May 14, 03 8:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Catwalk not you . Sorry . Iwas still steaming from the anti american sentiment expressed on here by other before/during the war.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the guys at Sigma sport in Kingston - not too far from Windsor.

The lad's are top class, friendly and are passionate. Ask for Gary Rogers, he has many years of experience in Tri and Ironman - Hide your cards away before you enter the shop they carry a huge amount of stock and they really have some awesome bikes.

Call and make an appointment as they get very, very busy..

Good Luck
Quote Reply
Re: Must be Great to be in the USA! [ob1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catwalk

I'm in Scotland too. Have you tried bicycle works in Edinburgh/Peebles? Use bio-racer I think, and seem to have a good rep. They sponsor Bella Comerford who I think won Ironman Fla last year.

I'm planning a fitting on existing bike there soon, so if you have tried, then feedback would be good.
Last edited by: shw10: May 15, 03 6:33
Quote Reply