Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by puskas
Re: Dan or Tom question...Tri Bars and Road Bikes... [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pukas-

I recently bought Oval clip-ons for my road bike and they are wonderful. They get me in a good aerodynamic position without feeling like I am lying on the top of my bicycle. In short, there is a level of control that I haven't gotten with other aerobars on a road bike. Oval also sells integrated bars but I don't know about their position relative to the bike.

Litherland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Puskas,

I would recommend profile designs carbon stryker aerobar clip ons. As shown here on my wifes Aegis Aro. They are pretty light.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have CarbonStryke Profile bars on my road bike (KHS Flite 800) but only as a temporary measure until a Cervelo appears in the garage.

The bars are excellent and I highly recommend them. Very adjustable and rock solid. They also allow a pretty low aero position without the spacers. I don't currently have aero shifting cause I commute 30 min each way to work every day, over mildly hilly terrain. The bike came with STI so it's staying on. Cervelo will have aero shifting of course.

I put the aero bars on mainly to help with stretching my back and hammies, so the Cervelo will be even more comfortable. It's also hand for faster downhills on the way home when I'm tired and need to relax a bit.

I have done a few time trials recently and have found myself really bunched up in teh torso/thigh region, low on power and have reduced O2 uptake compared with my old QR. I can't wait toget back to a tri bike for aero riding.

Doing tri's? get a tri bike (particularly if you're gonna be on the aero bars for eny length of time)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you were to do what you suggest, I would run the bike with a longer stem and shorten the aerobars.

However, if you keep riding the hooks while on the road bike, you may end up wanting to use the aerobars less. This could be a problem, as you won't be in an optimal position for the bike.

My suggestion would be to get your tri bike properly fitted and go from there. You may be missing something. Also, I would possibly get with a physical therapist who knows cycling and maybe s/he could help get you with some exercises and stretching to get you into a good position on the bike.
Quote Reply