Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Tri Shop does a pretty continuous job of evaluating and critiquing each other's fits. It'd be hard to fault the fits of the other two guys that learned under Trent's tutelage and he is more than happy to recommend their fitting capabilities.
Quote Reply
Re: Dallas, Texas Fitters [fwrunco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fwrunco wrote:
Craig Fulk www.dynamicbikefit.com I had a good experience with him and have been much more comfortable on the tt bike as a result. Not sure if I'm any faster but for sure can put out more power than before my fit.

+1. Craig is excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerMagic wrote:
I'm looking to update the intel here again. Trent Nix at the Tri Shop has been recommended (and if memory serves was profiled here a while back). I just spoke to the Tri Shop and was told that he's not doing many fits any more. I've got to squeeze this into a business trip to Dallas, so I may not be able to match up to his limited schedule.

I know the Tri Shop does good work generally and their other fitters are probably qualified. But the person behind the Retul machine still matters to me. If not Trent, who (person, not a shop) would you go to in Dallas? Or should I just make the effort to get back at a time I can see Trent?

You’re in good hands with Trent’s crew. And it’s 2 Retul machines and a GURU.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoonerMagic wrote:
I'm looking to update the intel here again. Trent Nix at the Tri Shop has been recommended (and if memory serves was profiled here a while back). I just spoke to the Tri Shop and was told that he's not doing many fits any more. I've got to squeeze this into a business trip to Dallas, so I may not be able to match up to his limited schedule.

I know the Tri Shop does good work generally and their other fitters are probably qualified. But the person behind the Retul machine still matters to me. If not Trent, who (person, not a shop) would you go to in Dallas? Or should I just make the effort to get back at a time I can see Trent?

Your situation sounds a bit similar to mine. I did a bike sizing session with a local fitter, bought a tri bike based on that, and had the bike setup to the fit parameters. But that fit just didn't seem right. I happened to be in the DFW area visiting over the holidays, and I reached out to Trent to get a "second opinion" fitting while I was in town. Of course, I didn't have my tri bike with me, so we did the fit session on one of their fit bikes.

I was quite pleased with the results. Trent's fit process was thorough, and we made pretty major changes to my position. We also ended up changing my saddle, and concluded that I was better off with shorter (155) cranks and full compact chain ring. And I learned a lot about fit in aero position during my discussions with him during the session (and he was quite patient with my continual stream of questions).

I would recommend him without reservation. And, given his approach and demeanor, I suspect he's made sure the rest of his fit team is well-trained. I'd certainly try one of them in the future, if Trent was unavailable.

Attached is a static pic of my final fit position for reference.

Michael

Last edited by: Mongo: Mar 8, 19 16:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was fit by Trent. After spending two hours with him and all the email exchange before and after.... I can't imagine that he would trust the reputation of his business to anyone lightly. He is a very conscientious, dedicated, and thoughtful person. I don't think he would let anyone loose on the public with his name attached, if he didn't trust them implicitly. He's that kind of dude.

I don't know all of his crew, but I do know coach Tommy. He's a good dude. I swam with him for a while, until our schedules didn't mesh. He's a triathlon coach, and works in the store, and also does fits. Again he's a very dedicated guy. He was present while I was being fit, and he and Trent spent a lot of time talking about my fit during the process.

So, based on all of that I would trust anyone that Trent does.
Quote Reply

Prev Next