Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

60 dollar swim goggles?
Quote | Reply
Can someone tell me why these goggles on ebay are so expensive?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3607556085&category=2918

they are Swans Ironman goggles... am i missing something here with my 5 dollar speedo goggles?
Quote Reply
Re: 60 dollar swim goggles? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure... but a I have 4 pairs of $70 goggles... They are prescription Barracuda's. My oldest pair is 22 yrs. old and still useable (but the plastic lenses have yellowed a bit). The reason they last so long is that all the plyable plastic parts (including the seal - which is foam) is replaceable. Basically, you can buy a 12 dollar repair kit and get a new pair of goggles.

It seems that what these goggles are a variation of the Barracuda designed goggles (i.e., replaceable parts).... But, that's speculation because I haven't seen replacement parts offered. Maybe it's the cool factor?

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
They do look kinda cool.... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but I think I'll stick to my $4 Swedes.

Yikes!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: They do look kinda cool.... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but I think I'll stick to my $4 Swedes.

Yikes!

after reading about swedish goggles here on this forum, i happened to come across some at a local running store and figured hey, it's only $5, i'll give it a try. i left the store laughing out loud at what looked to be a small bag full of junk plastic.

well, i'm still laughing during my swims at what are the most remarkably comfortable and leak resistant goggles i've worn! they look like they should feel uncomfortable and prone to leak, but they don't. go figure...

- The Who
Quote Reply