Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sick with a 'cold' since Tgiving, give up rest and start working out again? r/o
Quote | Reply
I've been sick with cold like symptoms since Thanksgiving - sneezing, runny nose & major congestion, sinus pressure, a bit of coughing and fatigue. I've rested, taken it easy, but I'm still not better. UGH.

I'm absolutely miserable to be missing every single workout and to be starting a new year 'resting' for what seems to be a simple cold. I don't have a fever or body aches. Is it time to just give up and start exercising again?

I'm definitely going to the doc on Monday if I'm not feeling any better, but right now I'm just flat out sick of not feeling 100%.

For what it's worth, I'm really beginning to suspect it's allergies (possibly food) b/c I don't think a cold should be lasting this long. That's what's making feel like I'd probably be okay to resume working out again.

I've tried the rest and I'm getting nowhere. Time to give up resting?
Quote Reply
Re: Sick with a 'cold' since Tgiving, give up rest and start working out again? r/o [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A common cold definitely shouldn't last that long. Go see a doctor on Monday! Hope you feel better soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Sick with a 'cold' since Tgiving, give up rest and start working out again? r/o [Elsa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the very least, go for 20 min walks. Long enough to get an immune system boost and short enough to not make you more ill.

A (fiction) book you might like, which starts out in the very way you describe of being sick with a lingering cold - The Law of Similars (Chris Bojalian).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice ladies! Went to the doc today and sure enough, sinus infection. Well, at least now I can treat appropriately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Elsa,

I feel your pain. I am going through the same thing. I have had a sinus infection since Nov. 17th. I went through Amoxicillin, then z pac with no help.... I'm now taking Biaxin and I feel 100 times better!!! I think it is finally working!

Hope you feel better soon.
Quote Reply