Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Some More Iraq Photos (All Good Things, Mostly) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not getting into the politics of it all (if that's possible), thanks for the photos BK. Winning the hearts and minds are where the real future improvements lie in Iraq. It's great to see something other than the reports of fighting and casualties, and it's not often you see coverage of just so many different types of help being given in the country by the service men and women.

Rebuilding the country takes more than bricks and mortar.

Oh and Tom, Blind Man's Bluff. Amazing book, incredible inisight into something most of us knew nothing about.

Cheers,

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Some More Iraq Photos (All Good Things, Mostly) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't dispute that Americans died in covert operations all over the globe, during the Cold War. I knew some of them in Angola. My point is that those wars were all fought in other people's countries, and the majority of the burden of those wars was borne by non-Americans and non-Russians. That's what I mean by 'proxy'.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply

Prev Next