Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sky Mall
Quote | Reply
Flew back from New Jersey last night, and was actually reduced to reading the Sky Mall catalog. ("Take a copy home with you, we'll replenish our stockpile when we land!")

How pathetic must one be to buy something from that outfit? Is there a big overlap between Sky Mall shoppers and people who buy things from telemarketers?

I especially liked the Vintage Express Aging Accelerator. Check it out on their website: http://www.skymall.com/...=prodSrch&action=

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Mall [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My name is direwolf and I'm a pathetic SkyMall customer.

Hi, direwolf.

I must confess that I once bought something from SkyMall (2 types of Bongo balance boards) - and I'm super-happy with it. Their price was as good as anything I found on the web. Highly recommended product, especially for recovery from knee or ankle injury: http://www.skymall.com/...4732&catId=10630

flame away if you like

Last edited by: direwolf: Dec 1, 04 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Mall [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sky Mall is the highlight of every flight I take. I've never actually purchased though.

Admit it though, you know you want one of these for $400

you know you want one of these for $400

Only $400?! I WUZ ROBBED! ;)

The other standout Sky Mall item was the combo golf putter/fishing reel. Never walk to retrieve your golf ball again! I couldn't tell if it was meant ironically or not.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Mall [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The Sky Mall is the highlight of every flight I take. I've never actually purchased though.

Admit it though, you know you want one of these for $400

...and how much would you pay for the sword he's holding?

==================================
but I can deal with the angels, cause it ain’t me they’re here to claim. it’s a good night for blowing ‘em off til some other day
Last edited by: minny expat: Dec 1, 04 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: Sky Mall [minny expat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We get a cut on everything our passengers buy out of the Sky Mall, if they use a promotion or airline code or something like that. They pay us to stock the magazines on the planes. In fact, I'm looking at two pallets of them, right now ;-))

I love leafing through the new ones. They remind me of those Sharper Image catalogs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But wait there's more!

We'll throw in Galadriel's ring as well... now how much would you pay???

My ma bought me a gift once from that Magazine. A silver coffee scoop-spoon type. With my initials engraved. Unfortunately, she got the initials wrong. We joke about that.

Growing up a NWA kid. I always remember liking to look through them. Just not two pallets worth.

but I can deal with the angels, cause it ain’t me they’re here to claim. it’s a good night for blowing ‘em off til some other day
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Growing up a NWA kid

Are we talking Northwest Airlines, or Straight Outta Compton here?

haha! Northwest Airlines. I'm a 6'4" Swede-wegian. The closest I come to Compton is the occasion Dre video.

But that does remind me of a time once when on vacation in LA, my dad got off at the wrong exit while trying to find LAX. In our free airline-employee upgrade Lincoln Town Car.

Last edited by: minny expat: Dec 1, 04 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in Comp-town just a few days ago. Then I got straight outta there.

I loved it when I flew on NWA flight 187 this summer (Minneapolis to San Diego.) That was awesome.

Quote | Reply
Why do you have a link on Tibbs' name to an article on about.com combat controllers?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm paying a little tribute to a large part of my man's past.