Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Carbon X - One Piece
Quote | Reply
Anyone use these? Be interested to hear your reviews...looks like a lot of sales on them are going on right now and am considering picking a pair up. Have there been any reviews written about them...what are your thoughts/experiences?

I know the HED bar is all the rage - but can't justify $500 for a handlebar...yet. (can you ever?)
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Carbon X - One Piece [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like mine. but i don't really have anything to compare them to.

brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
                 I like mine. A few reasons; Comfort, it is much more comfortable than the base bar and Syntace it replaced, Adjustability, I've used it on two completely different bicycles, Aeroness, lately people are claming that one peice bars are as effective as a pair of aero wheels. It doesn't get knocked out of position by potholes. Some have complained that they can't get their elbows narrow enough, but I find that part of the fit to be just fine. Check out Dan's review in the main page of this websight, he'll tell you alot more.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't like them... they don't allow me to get low enough in front, I'm also not a fan of the flat base bar position, but apparently this places me in a very small minority. The lack of adjustability due to the built in stem can also be an issue for some people.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Carbon X - One Piece [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big plus for the HED or John Cobb's new aero bar is that they mount on a standard stem, which means you can adjust the length of the setup. With Carbon X, Vision, and the other one-piecers, you're stuck with the length, like it or not. You can also change the height, by stem choice.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Last edited by: Cousin Elwood: May 10, 03 23:44
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Carbon X - One Piece [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this comment. I had them for about a year. I really liked them, but I had to own up to the fact that they just didn't fit. They stretched me out too far. I went back to Syntace bar and clip ons. I think the Hed approach is the right approach, though I wonder whether they have executed it correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Carbon X - One Piece [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Art - thanks for the post. What length were you using? Assuming, based on our other conversations, that you'd have bought the 100mm length?

I can't find any information about the angle of the bar either...was it eventually parallel with the ground when you mounted it?

Thanks for all the posts....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they might have only made a 10 cm stem version when I bought it. That was a little long for me, but what killed it was the handlebars that extended so far forward. My downhill control was very poor.

The bars sloped down and out slightly, maybe a cm or two.
Quote Reply