Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Tim Deboom post...
Quote | Reply
concerning the other TdB post, if he was such a cheater how could he have gotten away with it and taken so many races? heck Dave and Mark didn't tell those ABC vans to move away back in the day or the BMW's that later needed those up close and personal shots... seesh, Tim is World Champ because he's the best triathlete...

wait a minute that wasn't what I was posting about.

I saw some pic's from Wildflower on xtri and noted that Tim appears to have no major sponser again. Is there anyone with the scoop on why this guy goes without? Is he just not trying to get sponsered? He's got a powerbar patch and that's it! Surely the guy could get some tri or shoe or clothing sponser couldn't he?

spode - live life!
Quote Reply
Re: Another Tim Deboom post... [spode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another reason to admire the guy. He does it all by himself without the help of any major sponsor.

I, too, would be curious to know what are the reasons behind this apparently paradoxical situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Tim Deboom post... [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I checked his website ( http://www.timdeboom.com/sponsors.htm) and it lists the following sponsors: Bell, Colorado Altitude Training, Oakley, Trek, HED, Computrainer, Orca, Polar Bottle and Profile Design.

Now, it still doesn't say whether they give him a pair of free glasses or a $ 50000 check...
Quote Reply
Re: Another Tim Deboom post... [Trirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tr, I didn't think to check if he had a site. I just found Hellriegels the other day.

You have a good point though, just getting gear or a couple of bikes from Trek doesn't pay the rent. (of course he could probably stretch that 100G from IMH aways)...

Seems if one of those companies was giving him a check he'd have their logo on his singlet...
Quote Reply
Re: Another Tim Deboom post... [spode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i heard tim speak about a month ago and he mentioned that some of his sponsors had really stepped up - only i can't remember exactly which ones. i think powerbar, red bull, and trek. he does have a big trek logo on the side of his tri shorts that you might not see in the pictures. his orca deal is for wetsuits only, not clothing, but he was prominent in their kona ads last year, so i imagine he's reasonably compensated. last year was tough for him in the sponsor department, but it appears that he has that squared away.

brent
Quote Reply
Re: Another Tim Deboom post... [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The all time classic was at Ralph's California Half this year, with Chuckie V running in a shirt that said "Your Name Here" across the formt. Guess that's one way to look for sponsors!
Quote Reply