Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Fast Forward - Help
Quote | Reply
Hi All, having problem getting the seat level with the Profile Fast Forward seat post, any ideas. Tried brute force! thanks

Re: Profile Fast Forward - Help [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the nose is down you need to tighten the rear & loosen the front allen screw.

If the nose is up you need to tighten the front & loosen the rear.

If you've bottomed out one of the screws already, then you might try turning the clamp piece that the allens screw into 180 degrees.

This may be obvious, but you have to loosen one screw before you can tighten the other further for adjusting the seat tilt.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had the same problem. The Selle Italia Flite saddles that I like seem to be especially prone to it. I came up with a solution, but was basically pilloried for posting it on this site last year, even though it continues to perform.

If the suggestions in the other reply don't work, try changing saddles to one with more horizontal rails. You could also try a different post, such as the Thompson Setback (turned around) or the Corima, or the M2 Racer mechanism. There is also a titanium post that looks a lot like the Fast Forward, but with a slightly different mechanism that is set to be more reliable.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Fast Forward - Help [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey thanks but what was your solution other than change saddle? Thanks again

Quote | Reply
Justin's solution is the way I always fine tuned my saddle tilt. Just don't do what I did and torque the screws too much. Otherwise you will be writing Profile for some replacement nuts and bolts. BTW - Profile was real good about sending me the replacements right away and free of charge. kudos to Profile.

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply