Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PC's a few thoughts
Quote | Reply
I spent Dec-Feb on my pc's on the trainer.(march I got bronchitis and missed most of the month). I was doing mostly steady rides with a few spin ups now and then, about 45-60 min 3 times a week. I got outside now and then. During that time my endurance got a little better but I didn't see much of an improvement in my cycling or my running. The begining of April I got outside and I have been riding about 4 hours a week. And this last week I have noticed big improvements. 12 minutes faster on a 45k then 3 weeks ago. The bike I am on isnt easy to shift with the pc's so I am doing lots of spin ups, other then that it has been just steady rides. Also the run the last week or so has gotten lots better. I am not sure if it just the extra time or riding the roads are better for pc's. On normal cranks I feel I get a better workout on the trainer.

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: PC's a few thoughts [xshuffler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe, Not sure I understand if you were riding the PC's exclusively or interspersing regular cranks into your workouts to allow "intelligent" comment on your progress. I will say this, most of my customers seem to think they are "easier" to use on the road than on the trainer and, if used exclusively, at 3 times a week, it may just take a little longer to start to see improvement than those who are more "aggressive" about their training.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: PC's a few thoughts [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Frank

I have been riding them as prescribed. I guess it could have just been a longer adaptation. Although it seemed like the trainer would work mainly on my HF's. On the road it seemed like my hamstrings get more work and if I get down into the aero it seems to work the quads more although the HF's do seem to tire also. Max time in the aero postion seems to be about two minutes. The speed on the aero position is considerably faster the last year. I just need to work on being able to stay there longer.

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: PC's a few thoughts [xshuffler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you are finding you get a better cardio workout on regular cranks because you can push harder, as you are not limited by your HF's and hamstrings. When those get up to speed, which they should eventually, you will get an equivalent cardio workout on PC's. It is just going to take you more time than it has taken some of the animals on this site. Aero position takes everyone a long time. Don't worry.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply