Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What ever happened to Lew Wheels?
Quote | Reply
You folks heard of Lew composite wheels? Can't find their site anymore and never hear anything about them....where'd they go?
Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lew was bought by Reynolds. Craig at International Bicycle bought the remaining inventory. I have a Lew Sydney front (470 grams- true weight) that I got for $250.

I imagine that the weight will remain about the same, and it even looks like they're using the nice White Industries LTA hubs that are rather sweet. They are on par with ADA and Lightweight for weight (at least when they were Lew).
Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where in the world did you get a Lew front wheel for 250? I remember those going for soemthing like a million dollars for the set?
Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bunnyman...help!!! Have you ever tried to true your Lew wheel?

I have a XNG! front wheel, basically the precursor to the Lew, but it's got a slightly wobble on it, and I'd like to true it, but it has the recessed nipples, and so needs to be accessed from the rim side. However, I cannot find anyone who can give me an answer on what size socket I need, or what tool I may need to get to true it.

I'd appreciate any insight on this...thanks.

Dave
Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got some Lews (awesome, light and EXPENSIVE), and I've never had to true them, but I understand that Nimble has a tool on their website that's intended for use on their Fly, but you can use it on the Lew. I think it's a 5mm socket.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on what type of nipple is in there. If it's a real nipple, Nimble can get you a tool that will help you along (as it is the right size). If not, God help you. Hopefully, they use a real nipple.
Quote Reply
Re: What ever happened to Lew Wheels? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Craig at International Bicycle had them. That's how. Otherwise, I would still be using an old Sun Mistral 16 spoke.
Quote Reply