Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Glass chip
Quote | Reply
I guess this forum is as good a place as any to ask, but does anyone know whether it is possible to sand down a glass chip or does anyone have any experience sanding down a glass chip? There's a hurricane lamp I love and want to buy, but it has a small chip at the top of the glass part of the lamp. If it can't be sanded down to smoothness, it will drive me crazy.

Disclaimer, etc.: Yes, I know this is a chick post. If you don't know what a hurricane lamp is, here's an example: http://www.bellacor.com/...partid=Inktomi-29591
Quote Reply
Re: Glass chip [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've smoothed over glass chips by heating the edges using Bunsen burner. It does leave a tiny mark though (more of an imperfection, not really noticable unless you know it's there), and it's kind of tricky (not really tricky, but it requires some skills with melting glass, practice makes perfect).

Another option might be asking one of those "windshield quick fix - while you wait" places if they can repair the chip.

This (post) in (brackets) brought you by too much work on a Monday.
Last edited by: bitwiz: Nov 29, 04 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: Glass chip [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sell small glass files for smoothing out chips in crystal glassware. My wife has one.