Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Neck pain in aero position
Quote | Reply
I've got pain in my neck when cycling, especially when I'm low in aero position. Any ideas of what to do ?
Quote Reply
Re: Neck pain in aero position [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also had neck pain and couldn't figure out why. I went to all the bike shops in town with my bike and they all said my fit looked good.

I assumed they knew about bikes, but maybe not about necks, so next I went to my chiropractor with my bike. He looked at me like I was an idiot as I set up my bike on my trainer in his office. He said he didn't know squat about bikes, but I didn't care because I know he knows about necks.

Anyway, he looks at my riding position, and took some X-rays and said I had a "reverse curve" (whatever that is) of my spine and that my handle bars just needed to be a little higher up.

So I changed my stem and viola, no more neck pain.

All of this assumes that you are properly fitted in the first place. If you aren't that's definitely the place to start.

Hope this helps!!!

Jeff
Last edited by: Vita-man: May 9, 03 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: Neck pain in aero position [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go to the Bicycle Sports Forum (www.bicyclesports/forum) and read the post "Neck extension and big slam positioning." This will open another can of worms but it's worth the read. If the material interests you, more info can be found on that same site.
Quote Reply
Re: Neck pain in aero position [flyebaby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much - I'll read through the slam articles, and check position - hoping to avoid chiropractors
Quote Reply