Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mighty Montauk anyone?
Quote | Reply
After looking at two day car rental prices in NYC ($$$), I am now wondering if I could hitch a ride (with room for my bike, I'd pay for gas) with anyone going out to the Mighty Montauk Tri on June 6 (race is on June 7th).
Quote Reply
Re: Mighty Montauk anyone? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish! I'm going the other direction. I live in Suffolk County, about an hour from Montauk. Unfortunately, the raced closed to entry weeks ago. So... I'm doing a tri off the island the same day. I'll wave to you on the LIE. :( Kind of pissed about it actually. Nothing on the website gave any indication this race fills up. Montauk is the closest thing to an Oly offered on Long Island this summer. Everything else is sprint distance or less! Pretty disappointing.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Mighty Montauk anyone? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   Tripoet, You might not know it but you can take the train all he way to Montauk. I don't know about schedules of price but you can get out there and back. Good luck in the race, don't forget your wetsuite, that water is cold at the start of the year. Try to go back later for the Montauk Lighthouse sprint, a beautiful race with a great ocean swim. Justin, I agree with you, with several tri promotors and so many good athletes on Long Island, there really is a shortage of any decent length races. It's time for one of our Race Directors to step up to the plate with a half IM or better yet, Nice distance race somewhere on LI..

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply