Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seat Angle Chart?
Quote | Reply
What is an easy way to estimate seat tube angle? I'm not a Trigonometry guy, but I'm sure there is a simple formula, or I seem to remember that Dan had a chart somewhere in his older fit writings where you could estimate the angle based on your saddle height and the position of the nose of your saddle relative to the Bottom Bracket.

What I'm trying to figure out is, what is my seat tube angle with a saddle height of 81.5cm, with the nose of my saddle (Azoto) even with the bottom bracket? What if I move it 1 cm in front, or maybe 2?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Angle Chart? [Barry K.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hypotenuse of the triangle is your seat height, 81.5 cm in this case. If the nose of the saddle is even with the bottom bracket, the middle of the saddle is about 14 cm back from the BB, so the leg of the triangle is 14 cm. The cosine of the angle is 14/815 or .172 for a seat angle of just over 80 degrees.

One cm in front of the BB gives a cosine of 13/81.5 or .16 for an angle of a little less than 81. Two cm in front gives a cosine of 12/81.5 or .147 for an angle of a little more than 81.5.

Knows how to count in Florida,
Quote Reply
Re: Seat Angle Chart? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Art, perhaps I should have paid more attention in that class. I appreciate your help.
Quote Reply