Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rudy Project Sunglasses Vs Oakleys [KYROCKET] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ride and run in my Rudy Kerosene's, with the "Racing Red" lense regardless of the weather conditions or light (unless it's dark out). I find that they provide superb contrast in the bright sunshine with no glare, and when the light falls or it's overcast they help me to discern between objects that darker lenses may mask in shadow. I don't find them heavy at all for running, nor do they interfere with my vision when down in the aero bars. If I had to nitpick and was really looking for a negative, I guess the frames are wide enough that I do get "racoon eyes" from wearing them. (The Ray-Bans that I wear on a daily basis when not training are thin enough so as not to give me weird tanlines)

I also have a pair of Bolle Edge II's, and a pair of Briko Stingers. I like the Rudy's best (the Briko's don't quite fit my face right). The new Excel Sports Boulder catalogue has a shade company called Zeal whose product looks interesting to me, but I've never seen them in person nor do I know anyone who's used them.

I have no firsthand experience with Oakley, but my friends who own them seem to like them. Their one majpor complaint is that the lenses are pretty delicate, and scratch much easier than other glasses. I would guess that this has something to do with the coating, but don't really know.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next