Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where did Rip N Hammer go?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where the company "Rip N Hammer" went? I bought some really nice tri shorts from their website a few years ago and I cannot seem to find them on the web.

Thanks. Have a great Thanksgiving! (if you celebrate)
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [wowkster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thinik they're gone for good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to wear that stuff. Still have some. It was very cool. We sold the heck out of it. I liked it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They won't admit it but I think it's called "Cervelo Apparel" now. There are just way to many similarities in style, colors, fabrics, and stitching. I used to wear Rip N Hammer for years, loved their stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to a warehouse sale in Montreal last weekend where they were selling tons of their stuff. I got 3 pairs of bike shorts for $15 each, my wife got a skin suit for $16. They were also selling Nike TDF stuff, Bell and Giro helmets, and Nike bike shoes. The deals on that stuff weren't quite so extreme so my guess is RNH is gone and the others were selling overstock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed, I believe that RNH is no more. Too bad, because, they made great stuff. My sense is that, they had a real go of it before the current boom of triathlon and missed the boat by just a bit. And that's all you have to do in business - miss things by just a bit and it can be a huge struggle.

Founder Ralph Dunning has moved onto the world of Golf Technical Apparel. See more at the link below:

http://www.dunninggolf.com/

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember Endurosport in Toronto had a clearence bin of stuff awhile ago that was mainly Rip N Hammer. Mostly male/female swim suits, a few tops etc. Wife and I bought some stuff. It was very good quality.
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [trischnitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
They won't admit it but I think it's called "Cervelo Apparel" now. There are just way to many similarities in style, colors, fabrics, and stitching. I used to wear Rip N Hammer for years, loved their stuff.

Won't admit to what? Everybody who asks gets the whole story, in fact all our apparel ads last year mentioned Ralph Dunning. Ralph started rnh, sold it and subsequently the brand disappeared. Phil and I have known Ralph for years, our offices were in the same building, we'd go to Ironman Hawaii together, played hockey on the same team, etc. But most importantly we all started our businesses around the same time, so it was great to be able to talk to somebody facing similar challenges (Dan Rishworth from Endurosport is another one who started here in Toronto around the same time).

Anyway, when people were asking us constantly if we would make clothing, Ralph, Phil and I decided we would put together a program. Ralph helps us a bit with design and fabrics (there has been quite a bit of development in fabrics so they are not the same as rnh) and Heather here at the office takes care of everything else. Obviously Ralph's input is important, and the brainstorming sessions to put together the new program are always fun, but other than that his involvement is limited simply because he is too busy with dunninggolf and other ventures.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was partners in a business in the 90's in Texas and we sold Corima Bikes and Rip n Hammer gear. I loved (still do) the RnH product line.
I included as image of a hat that I still have. It's the only RnH stuff I have left.

Cheers,
Kevin W
Austin, TX
Last edited by: infotokevin: Dec 15, 20 9:33
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [infotokevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have a RnH crop singlet (the ones that would stop at your navel). It was my go-to top through the mid-aughts, back when we would bike shirtless throw on a singlet for the run.

I actually still use it over a long-sleeve top for a bit of extra wind protection/layering for chilly runs.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, great back-from-the-dead thread. I still have a couple of rnh pieces (including the crop top) but not much elasticity left. I coveted their white full sleeve top, but never pulled the trigger.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love this topic! :)-

It was my fave brand back in the day. Wore the same lucky jersey in every race, so all my pics look the same. When I quit try I gave it to a newbie friend who wore it for his first try/tri and then went on to do many respectable IMs and marathons.
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can remember I bought some stuff for my store in the netherlands, black swim trunks and cropped tanks with a red shark and white circled text around it.

Fun stuff these old brands. What happened to brands like Hawi, InSport, etc

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Purchased this RNH cycling jersey in 1996 (or 97) and I still wear it to this day.
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [_canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI Ralph Dunning has recently launched a new apparel brand, Foreign Rider Co.

https://www.instagram.com/foreignriderco/
Quote Reply
Re: Where did Rip N Hammer go? [_canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, yes, the tagline was ‘andrenalin gear’ geez, that feels like a lifetime ago

Jerpen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply