Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moving west...to PC land
Quote | Reply
The house in closed yesterday so it's certain I'm moving out west - to Pleasanton, CA- land of powercranks. After the lost training from job hunting/house selling/house buying/packing/moving, I'm planning to do the late season tri's in the area. Is there a tri-club in the Pleasanton/Livermore area?

"My strategy is to start out slow and then peter-out altogether" Walt Stack
Quote Reply
Re: Moving west...to PC land [C2KRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By PC land you are referring to Silcon Valley, right?

FYI, there are no more PC'ers here than anywhere else in the country. Expect to feel very alone. There are quite a few tri clubs in the area but can't think of any situated in Pleasanton/Livermore. Probably brain block.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Moving west...to PC land [C2KRider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few of us that do workouts from the Livermore Valley Tennis Club - they have a couple pools, an excellent swim coach who is an accomplished triathlete (IM age group winner, etc.), and a few triathletes that do swims/rides on Sundays.

There is also a great little tri series that runs out of the Shadow Cliffs reservoir in Pleasanton - short races, but fun. They are put on by On Your Mark Events. There are some informal teams around here as well, like one run out of a multisport store in San Leandro and another out of Danville.
Quote Reply
Re: Moving west...to PC land [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Stu at Livermore Tennis is a great swim coach! He's the guy who got me into this whole triathlon thing way back in 1986 and one of my best friends.

Transition Sports in San Leandro is a good tri store and many members of that club live in the Pleasanton/Livermore area and lots of the workouts are out there. And, those of us in SF often come out that way to ride.

Welcome to the 'hood!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply