Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RTP in North Carolina
Quote | Reply
I would assume the triathlon community is great. Any reason not to move there? If i do move, where should i live? Raleigh? Durham? any other communities i should look at for reasonable priced housing, etc.?

I am an out of work systems administrator looking to escape from South Dakota - any companies i should look at? any companies i should avoid?

---Politics = Poli (many) Ticks (blood sucking ectoparasites)
Quote Reply
Re: RTP in North Carolina [drmthtr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
off the top of my head

Carrboro

Chapel Hill

Fuquay-varina (sp?)

wake forest area

Cary

I depended on where you work and how much of a commute you want to tolerate. The traffic around the city can suck a times and wasn't getting any better when we left NC. Somebody still there will probably chime in with more

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are willing to put up with a longish commute, living outside of Raleigh, Durham or Chapel Hill can be a lot cheaper than living in any of those three cities. Carrboro and Cary are insane for home prices. The one big downside has to be the commute/traffic situation. If you can avoid driving on I-40 do so at all costs.

As far a computer companies go SAS is supposed to be a great one. Other than that there are a number of bio and pharma companies with big IT departments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anything around here is fine. If you would want to work for any of the bigger companies, you may wanna check into Chapel Hill, Durham (certain parts), Cary, and Morrisville to live. It depends on what time you would report to work on the traffic. I work early, and I have to drive downtown Raleigh. It's not bad at all.

There is a very large tri community and running community around here. There is no lack in finding groups around here to train with.

I'd say check into SAS, Quintiles, and as said before, any of the bigger companies at RTP.

Sorry so late but I've been gone.

Good luck. I've been in NC for 16 years now and I love it.
Quote Reply