Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

tri shoes?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the pearl izumi Tri shoes... I like how they look...

Any other recommendations for tri shoes... I bought a pair of Carnac TRS5... they were on sale and the sales person convinced me that they were the perfect size and that I was supposed to slide around in them...

Anyways if anyone has ridden another tri shoe (SIDI T1, Shimano, etc.) Could you tell me how they fit relative to Carnacs? ie. My carnacs are a 42 and are a size big... what should I go for in the other shoes?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: tri shoes? [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carnacs definitely run wide. now way i can use them with my narrow feet. i've found that both sidi and dmt fit a narrower fit pretty well. right now i'm in the sidi t1 carbon and they feel good. no experience with any other brands.

brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Shimano TR-01 is awesome! So very comfortable without socks. I think they run about the same size as Sidi. I would not call the toe box narrow by any means but it is not sloppy big either. Just right for the average foot IMO. Plus they have the Carbon sole and are very well ventilated.
Quote Reply
Re: tri shoes? [T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been riding the DMT R3s and they are great. Very stiff sole and comfortable upper. I also have a pair of Carnac shoes and find the DMTs similar in terms of comfort and fit. The single strap is really nice for easy entry/exit.

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of Carnac TRS5s off ebay, and it turns out they were mislabled, and too large. They were lose on my feet, but the length was better than my last pair. I put a pair of 3/4 sole inserts in, and they work great. They are tight on the heel and body of the foot, but give my toes room. The inserts I used are Dr Scholl's Tri-something or another. They have extra arch and gel on the heel. For $6, at Target, it may be worth giving it a shot. Because of the thiness and length of my foot, it turned out to work better than getting a smaller size. Oh, and I also put the insert underneath the Carnac insert, but it may work either way.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For narrow feet....Sidi T1's are the only way to go. Easy to get into, very breathable, light, and comfortable on long rides.
Quote Reply
Re: tri shoes? [aduncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do the straps on the DMT's open out or in?

That's the only thing I can't stand about my Carnacs... I wish the strap was on the outside of my feet, to prevent any chance of getting caught in the drivetrain. Not that I am a huge klutz... it's never been a problem... but it just makes more sense to me to reverse the strap for safety purposes.

Woody

Mike Hollywood
http://www.bostontriathlonteam.com
http://www.michaelhollywood.com
Quote Reply
Re: tri shoes? [Woody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have narrow and flat feet. Love my Shimano TR-01. Check out Tom Demerly's site for some good info.

Andy

'You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Thinsg Are As They Are.'
Quote Reply