Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stem Recommendations for Cervelo?
Quote | Reply
Looking for recommendations for stems...building up a P3. What are people using that offer the best fit, weight and value?

What sizes are you using on your frames? Getting fitted this weekend - interested to know sizes of other riders.

Thanks all...
Quote Reply
Re: Stem Recommendations for Cervelo? [madisonbucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using ITM stems. I tried that superlight stem "The Stem". It broke while riding over a rough road. ITM hasn't responded to my attempt to get them to honor the warranty. $100 plus dollars gone. I am going back to their Millennium stem, which has the same size and shape. I use 9 or 10 cm stems on my 51 cm P3, depending on how far forward I am riding.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem Recommendations for Cervelo? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Art! You never let me down, I'm hoping you don't start charging me consulting fees!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As my wife would tell you, I am cheap, but I am worth every penny.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Kraig Willett [ In reply to ]
Re: Stem Recommendations for Cervelo? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art, what kind of rise do the stems have?

Bob Sigerson
Last edited by: sig: May 7, 03 22:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stems are something that people can spend bunches of money on and get the basic same results. Personally, I get whatever the bar is compatible with.

I like Cinelli, but I have run everything from Trek's house brand (System1-3, Icon) to ITM, 3TTT, and the aforementioned Cinelli. Make sure the clamp diametre is compatible with the stem. I have about ten threadless stems, along with about fifteen to twenty quill stems. I can fit just about anything I come across, and I can eliminate the variables quickly when getting onto a new steed.

One option is to see if someone has the Salsa stem fitting system. More than likely, the shop will have a stem that fits. Another option is to borrow a Look Ergostem.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem Recommendations for Cervelo? [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ITM stems I use have a 10 degree rise. You can flip them and use them in either orientation. It works pretty well by and large.

Dan recommends a stem with a 6 degree rise. They might flip more reasonably. I haven't tried such a stem, but he makes a lot of sense.
Quote Reply
Re: Stem Recommendations for Cervelo? [Kraig Willett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch. No it didn't break there. It broke on one side of the stem where the bolt secures it to the steerer. Perhaps I overtightened it, but I don't think so.

I have to admit this failure got my attention. I believe I noticed it soon after the failure, but I could have easily tried to ride the bricks of St. Anthony's with this stem. I don't want to think about the results.

I sent an email to ITM, but I guess they are pretending to not understand English.
Last edited by: ajfranke: May 8, 03 7:38
Quote Reply