Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Woman blind athlete needs guide for LP 2010
Quote | Reply
I received this email from someone I work with. She needs a woman to act as her guide. If you can help, PM me and I'll give you contact details.

Hello All,

I’m a blind athlete planning to compete in the parathlete division. Due to WTC regulations I am only allowed to enter in IM Lake Placid, and none of the races nearer to our vicinity. Additionally WTC has regulations that require I be tethered to someone of the same sex throughout the duration of the race, and I will complete the bike section on a tandem bike. I’m writing to ask if anyone from this list would be interested in being my guide. I currently had a guide, Tanner Tennyson. We discovered that we will be disqualified as he is a male guide. I’ve been working with a nonprofit, C Different, which connects blind athletes with guides, they have 60 available male volunteers, and not one single lady who wants to complete the IM distance. I’m hoping to find someone from my area (Seattle/PNW) to train with as there is some complexity in the communication and such when completing a long course.

Please let me know, if you, or anyone you know might be interested. Your efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Patricia

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Woman blind athlete needs guide for LP 2010 [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best of luck finding someone! I have emailed C Different in the past to volunteer as a guide, but was told that they don't need more guides, just more money. So I'm surprised they have no women.

I would love to do that sometime.

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
am far away in Maine but I pm'ed you.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer...if my leg wasn't an issue I'd jump at that...

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in Vancouver BC, but I'd be interested in this... if Patricia is stuck, and can't find anyone, I could make myself available.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply