Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Menopause and Testosterone
Quote | Reply
My husband just found out that his testosterone levels are a bit low - he's older so that's normal. The doc prescribed a gel for him to try for two weeks if it helps and there are no adverse reactions he will use it permanently I guess.

I've read quite a bit about testosterone supplementation for women who are past menopause. Has anyone been prescribed this type of replacement therapy or care to comment on the effectiveness vs side effects of such treatment?

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: Menopause and Testosterone [lesson989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My testosterone was 0, yes 0, this past spring. Not good. I was given a cream and seems to be helping me sleep better and generally feeling like I did 5 years ago. I just turned 40 so it is a little early but it happens at this age. No side effects as long as you follow the Drs prescription. Take too much and you might grow a beard or if you put it in a place that is generally hairy, such as your arm, you might develop more hair in that area.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Menopause and Testosterone [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow zero is pretty low! What are normal T levels for women anyway? I am going to have my yearly blood work done next week and request that they test my testosterone. I am actually considering other hormone replacement therapy as well. I had no problems initially as I went through menopause but it's been a couple of years now and I am noticing some dry skin, tiredness and irritability and a noticeable decrease in strength.

I'm encouraged to hear that you haven't had those side effects, they are pretty intimidating.

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: Menopause and Testosterone [lesson989] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'e read a couple numbers but I think it should be about 25 (of whatever the measurement unit is). Yeah, my Dr. was really surpised. All my hormones are low. Yay pre-menopause!

Get a full blood and hormone screening including thyroid funtion. I'll be doing it annually going forward.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply