Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Campy cassette hub with Shimano Drive-train
Quote | Reply
Hi, Does anyone know how I would/could use a rear wheel with a Campy 9-speed cassette hub with a bike set-up with Shimano components, 9-speed, ultegra??? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Campy cassette hub with Shimano Drive-train [bomangami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you can. Wheels Manufacturing (distributed by QBP) makes a conversion kit (read: "a set of spacers") that, providing you already own a 9sp "loose cogs" Campy cassette, transforms it into a Shimano compatible cassette.

A loose cogs Campy cassette would cost about $35 (Veloce quality), and the conversion kit, called Shift-7 (QBP# FW4547) costs about $30.

Note: you can't use "better" Campy cogsets because they use carriers (i.e. some cogs are attached together) that won't allow you to change the spacing.

I've also heard that, since the Campy 9sp spacing is 4.55 mm center to center and that of Shimano 9sp is 4.34 mm center to center, one can use 9sp wheels interchangeably with either derailleurs (this is why some people don't race with Campy 10sp: they want to be able to use the "support van's wheels" that, most likely, are Shimano 9sp. (Please someone confirm this last statement!)

Dre'
Quote Reply
Re: Campy cassette hub with Shimano Drive-train [bomangami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Dre is correct. I run ultegra w/a campy disk and almost swear it shifts better than my ultegra wheels. I thought there would be issues, but no.
Quote Reply