Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Less than 600 insurgents ever in Fallujah? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You were seriously just curious about how much military experience I have?

You weren't being snidebecause we happen to be on opposite sides as to the value of this operation?

Yeah right.
Quote Reply
Re: Less than 600 insurgents ever in Fallujah? [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok 600.... 600 less A holes. move on to the next city!
Quote Reply
Re: Less than 600 insurgents ever in Fallujah? [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to have a knowledge of battle theory. I was wondering you exprience to see where you developed this knowledge and I was trying to see how you formed.

Nothing snide about it. Yeah I will respond to your service exprience because discussing tatics is great fun for me. Wanna let me know or we just gona dance?;-)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Less than 600 insurgents ever in Fallujah? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt there's value in holding cities. But the key isn't can you take over the city -- the key is how long can you hold it. If recent history is any indication - it won't be for long.

You may recognize William Lind as the guy that first expounded 4gw:

http://www.military.com/...,Lind_102104,00.html

Unfortunately, our leaders do not understand the Fourth Generation, so it appears we are about to throw this opportunity away. We continue to bomb and shell Fallujah, which pushes our enemies toward each other. We seem to be readying an all-out assault on the city, which will have the usual result when Goliath defeats David: a moral defeat for Goliath. Many Iraqis will die, the city will be wrecked (as always, we will promise to rebuild it but not do so), and any losses the insurgents suffer will be made up many times over by a flood of new recruits. Never was it more truly said that, "We have met the enemy, and he is us."

Quote Reply
Re: Less than 600 insurgents ever in Fallujah? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. My apologies. I was sure you were making a backhanded comment.

My experience is just from reading too much. I've had a fascination with military strategy since early high school when we studied the German war machine. I was kicking around signing up for ROTC in college, but found out they wouldn't take me because I'm a wheezer and allergic to just about everything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next