Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnancy + Marathon
Quote | Reply
I'd like some opinions regarding running a marathon while pregnant.
I very recently found out that I am preggers with #3 (eek!). A few months ago, I got into the New York Marathon. I am trying to decide whether to run or defer for a year.
Has anyone run a marathon while pregnant? Anything to expect that is different from the normal marathon aches and pains?
Any feedback that could help me make up my mind would be greatly appreciated...
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy + Marathon [SMO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are quite a few threads on this topic (e.g. http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20marathon;#2340141). Suffice to say, there are strong opinions on both sides of the question.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy + Marathon [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll read up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way, I'm totally impressed you are even considering this. I'll be running NY too, but my last pregnancy was 9 years ago:)
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnancy + Marathon [AmyCO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some days, neither can I. But it's a toss-up: will it be easier to run pregnant with 2 kids at home, or with a 6 month-old and thus 3 kids at home?
I saw my doc today, she gave me the go ahead as long as I keep my HR under control and stay very hydrated. So I will give it a try, with the disclaimer that I can bail at any moment!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With all the pregnancy talk going on around here, thought I'd post a quick note saying that 1) still pregnant and 2) did NYC marathon on Sunday and it was a terrific experience. Took it easy, enjoyed the sights and had fun!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! Awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Glad you had a great time out there...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply