Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Word to the wise. [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what about the people that were misled but didn't believe the President's caims, because of their "crisp thinking skills", but still voted for him? They voted for a Pres they knew were misleading them, even though they didn't buy into his claims? I still don't see how there's a winner in this argument.

You and me both. I'm just sick of hearing how stupid Republicans are, and how smart the Democrats are, and how hard it is for them to live in a country that's so stupid it doesn't appreciate how smart they are.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally think we're all stupid for allowing ourselves to be limited to the two candidates we had on the ballots. Like i said, no winners here.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
>>>Something like 70% of Democrats think Bush said Iraq helped Al Qaeda with 9/11.

Jee, I don't know why they would think that. Hmmm, now why would they make that assumption.....

Because they get their news from the same types of sources as conservative voters. They hear soundbites from a biased source, expand it based on their own assumptions, and state it to others as a fact. If you are trying to tell yourself that Bush voters are idiots while Kerry voters are the enlightened few, go ahead and make yourself feel better. What I was trying to tell you is that a 50% voter turnout is still too high because there are no more than 30% of the people in this country who could tell you a single policy position of either candidate.

Again, let's go to all write-in votes and let the truly informed voters decide the direction of the country, your state, your city, etc. If you are on here discussing politics I will assume you consider yourself informed. Could you have voted in your state legislature race last week if the names, and worse - their party affiliation, hadn't been pre-printed? How about the Circuit Clerk's race?

How could any candidate dupe someone who had to research the races and walk into the polling place with his or her notes on each race? That should be our goal, not offering people who didn't know it was election day a donut and a ride to the polls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Yeah ... it's a pretty dumb joke.

"Normal" people could learn A LOT from those retarded kids. Volunteer to help with Special Olympics and you'll see what I mean after about 15 minutes. Retarded people could teach intelligent people a lot of lessons they still need to learn.

I am not at all joking ... and not concerned with offending or not. I realize you are just "making a point", but really ... special olympic jokes are about as humorous as child molestation jokes ... not funny at all. We're decent and smart enough people to come up with better ways of making a point. Please take that into consideration next time.

I only feel compelled to say something because silence can be interpreted as acceptance.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean like:

Q: What does an Arkansas teenager say after having sex?

A: Roll over daddy, you're squishin' my cigs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This administration will provide the democrats a key opportunity to attract moderate republicans.

Yeah right, Sparky.

The Dems are like the Palestinians: They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KEEP HOPE ALIVE!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear ya, bruthah. 'Cuz I'm gettin' sick of carrying the Ree-pubs water here in this forum ;-) Shit, I'd LOVE to be a moderate-to-slightly-conservative Dem again. I voted for Bubba in '96 and Perot in '92.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An imported picture from the Cobb website. They only need 110-113K for the recount, the extra 40K is supposed to help with other expenses. I think it's going to happen. If the recount does in fact take place, and the outcome changes, I'm betting there will be a third count.

Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [Joe Wiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
150k to help a Republican win in 2008! Hooray!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arnold will have a constitutional amendement that allows naturalized citizens to run for president.
I will create the IPTBS, the independent party tired of BullShit and will run for president.
I will get elected because I am french and women know french do it better :-)
I will get 25% of the roads for cyclists, drafting will be punished by jail sentences (no sin bin anymore), there will be 8 more IM in NA the following year, entry fees will be lowered to $250 because idiots will not be allowed to sue a RD because they crashed on the course, and the WTC will have gone bankrupt and will be bought by Tibbs.
You will not have to register a year in advance anymore.

sounds like a good plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You pull that off, mon ami and I'll have all your children myself ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like it's on. The votecobb.org website almost has a partylike atmosphere to it, kind of weird. I wonder how mainstream media will take to this.
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm, an Arnold/Francois ticket. Wonder what they would look like standing next to each other?

Maybe......

Great, Jesse Jackson, just what the recount needs to validate it, eh?

WHAT’S THE LATEST ON THE RECOUNT?

On Sunday, November 28, the Reverend Jesse Jackson will speak in Columbus, Ohio to publicly voice his support for the Ohio recount and other challenges to the controversial Ohio vote. Rev. Jackson will be speaking at the Mt. Herman Baptist Church on 2283 Sunbury Road in Columbus at 3:30 p.m. For more information, read the press release.

"Voter suppression and intimidation is a civil rights issue. Jesse Jackson is the perfect person to bring these concerns to a wider audience and we welcome his participation," said David Cobb, whose campaign has been leading the charge for the Ohio recount. Cobb has been joined in the recount demand by Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik.

Meanwhile, on November 23rd, a federal district judge denied our request to expedite the recount process. Our legal team is considering our response to the ruling and our next course of action. If the ruling stands, the recount will proceed on the schedule dictated by the Ohio Secretary of State's office. Mr Blackwell is currently stating certification will not take place until December 6th.
Quote Reply
Re: Word to the wise. [Androgynotopia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taken from "votecobb.org" These guys are recount happy.

On Monday, November 29, Green party Presidential candidate David Cobb filed official requests for a recount in New Mexico and Nevada. As he did in Ohio, Cobb filed the requests jointly with Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik. "The Green Party's dedication to protecting the integrity of the election process has led me to file for a recount in both New Mexico and Nevada. We want to ensure that every vote is counted and verify the accuracy of the electronic voting machines, particularly those which produce no paper trail," said David Cobb.

"It is absolutely critical that we verify the accuracy of electronic voting machines. Voting without independent checks and balances is a meaningless exercise. There is no reason why Americans should settle for second-best when it comes to protecting our democratic rights," said Cobb-LaMarche Media Director Blair Bobier.

The New Mexico presidential election was marred by reports of voter suppression and problems with electronic voting machines. In Nevada, the lack of paper trails or receipts for electronic voting machines is the primary concern. In an unrelated legal challenge, an election contest case will be heard today in Reno, Nevada, demanding a recount. The suit also seeks to address allegations that people employed by Sproul & Associates, an Arizona-based firm hired by the Republican National Committee, tore up and discarded voter registration forms completed by Democratic voters.
Quote Reply

Prev Next